In-Theatre Repairs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

DJAndrews -> In-Theatre Repairs (8/27/2003 7:30:28 AM)

Does anyone know whether the game treats the system damage repaired in port differently than that done at Pearl or Tokyo? I rested a couple of DDs with relatively minor sys damage (about 16) for a week to 10 days, got the sys damage down to 8 or 9 and the sent them out again. One day out of port, on a clear day, just cruisin', they were both back up to sys damage of 15. Certainly new ships don't accumulate damage this fast, but I don't think that even the ones that are holding at the sub 10 level normally jump like this in clear weather.
Are in-theatre repairs considered to be "jury-rigged" and therefore more susceptible to repeat damage?

Bodhi -> (8/27/2003 9:04:58 AM)

I've noticed the same, but assumed that as I didn't get the damage down to zero, they accumulated new damage quicker. I have heard that US forces get upgraded AA defenses on ships sent back to Pearl Habour. Unfortunately, being a newbie, I can't confirm this as Nimitz/King won't send me back my carrier I sent to them for repair. :mad:

Admiral DadMan -> (8/27/2003 9:26:28 AM)

[QUOTE=DJAndrews]Does anyone know whether the game treats the system damage repaired in port differently than that done at Pearl or Tokyo? I rested a couple of DDs with relatively minor sys damage (about 16) for a week to 10 days, got the sys damage down to 8 or 9 and the sent them out again. One day out of port, on a clear day, just cruisin', they were both back up to sys damage of 15. Certainly new ships don't accumulate damage this fast, but I don't think that even the ones that are holding at the sub 10 level normally jump like this in clear weather.
Are in-theatre repairs considered to be "jury-rigged" and therefore more susceptible to repeat damage?[/QUOTE]There is like a "random event factor" that a ship can sustain damage just "cruisin' about" if you will. Every hex a ship moves carries a chance of accruing System damage. The Experience of the Ship's crew as well as the Commanding Officer's abilities affect how that ship deals with damage.

Read the following in the Manual:[list]
  • 11.5 Damage to Ships
  • 11.6 Operational Damage and Repairs at Sea
  • 16.1 Impact of Port Size
    [/list]

• Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI