(Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Paul Vebber -> (8/27/2003 8:19:37 AM)

Those of you who are having trouble with the header seeming to slow things down should check your security seeting. It may be that you are flushing the graphic out of your cache and having to reload it every time? That is the only thing I can think of that would casue the header to slow things down.

THere is no way the header can "slow the load down" unless you are forcing your browser to redownload it everytime you refresh the page.

StrategyCat -> (8/27/2003 12:10:20 PM)

[QUOTE=Paul Vebber]It was not deleted.[/QUOTE]

OK thanks, that answers a question that was also on my mind. :-)
Not that there was anything delete-worthy about it, I don't think.

I'm almost 100% sure I posted that message, because I always make a point of going back into the topic to read it, and I know I must have done that. Anyway, it's gone.

Well, I've been here about a half-dozen times today. I'm not noticing any improvements in the load times of the front page, it's still about a minute.
The first thing that loads is the Matrix banner, at the top of the page - this takes about 20 seconds. This is followed by the airplane sound from the UV Banner, at about 35 seconds. After about another half-minute, the rest of the page finally appears.
I notice that, unlike most other websites, the front page appears all at once (except for the UV banner sound and the big Matrix banner at the top, as stated above). With most (all?) other sites I visit, pages seem to load with the various graphics appearing gradually. Just FYI...
Maybe the sound from the UV banner is doing something bad...? Sorry, I'm not tech savvy about these things.

As for navigating around the forum, it seems (!) to be a little faster after you guys tweaked it today, but I can't be sure. It's still slower than other similar websites' forums. All FYI...

Another thing I've noticed: At the bottom of this composing page, I *do not* have Smilies disabled, yet I am not able to use them. What might be up with that?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI