First winter war - should I stay or should I go? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room

speedyglides -> First winter war - should I stay or should I go? (5/13/2021 10:04:41 AM)

I am playing the Axis against the AI (normal - everything at 100). I've made good progress during the summer and autumn conquering Moscow and Leningrad. I didn’t reached Rostov. You can see how it is now in the screenshots. Now it is turn 27 and I am trying to keep the front stable with only tactical retreats where the pressure is too high or gaps are opened. As I remember from WITE 1, many used the strategy of retreating one hex per turn instead of trying to keep the position. So… Keeping the positions will weaken my units to the point of collapse or not being able to mount a reasonable offensive in 1942? If you opt for a general retreat, how much terrain should you give or what is the right balance?

speedyglides -> RE: First winter war - should I stay or should I go? (5/13/2021 10:05:31 AM)

Here is the south front.

carlkay58 -> RE: First winter war - should I stay or should I go? (5/13/2021 11:09:33 AM)

The Axis are very resilient and can recover from the winter easily so whatever you decide it will not adversely affect your 42 offensive plans.

loki100 -> RE: First winter war - should I stay or should I go? (5/13/2021 12:00:30 PM)

I'd back up Carlkay's view - its worth playing out even from a bad situation, you'll learn a lot about the worst stage (Dec-Jan) and how to recover and perhaps take advantage of any Soviet over-extension.

Even if you then decide to end the game and restart, its a distinct phase and there is no real substitute for playing it through

speedyglides -> RE: First winter war - should I stay or should I go? (5/13/2021 1:51:19 PM)

Thanks! I will stand as much as I can to see what happens.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI