Is it possible to create new units? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> MODS and Scenarios

DorianSebastian1 -> Is it possible to create new units? (5/15/2021 6:55:45 PM)

I was thinking of adding a small coastal patrol/fishing/scout boat for Japan as their perimeter around their home island they had historical. These boats should be really weak like max 5 strength and have limited combat power even less than a torpedo boat. But I would like to use the same spirt as the T. Boat for the unit.

Is this possible in the editor?

I was also thinking about adding Merchant Raiders for the Germans as well that look like Transport ships.

Elessar2 -> RE: Is it possible to create new units? (5/16/2021 1:20:08 AM)

You would have to replace an existing unit slot of the same basic type (land/air/sea), since the latter are hard-coded. If you aren't using the Dreadnought slot for super-battleships that is your most likely candidate.

DorianSebastian1 -> RE: Is it possible to create new units? (5/16/2021 6:06:36 AM)

How would you go about doing that and would I be able to rename the unit?

I think removing the brigade infantry unit would be fine as that is not used in the game

Shellshock -> RE: Is it possible to create new units? (5/16/2021 6:41:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DorianSebastian1

I think removing the brigade infantry unit would be fine as that is not used in the game

Isn't that a land unit?

Yvan1326 -> RE: Is it possible to create new units? (5/16/2021 8:15:15 AM)

You must respected unit type.
Sea unit in your case.

Yvan1326 -> RE: Is it possible to create new units? (5/16/2021 8:15:38 AM)

Copy " Localisation. Txt" File from strategic command folder to mod folder.
And change name #unit_id
For example #unit_id_0=hq to #unit_id_0=beer tank[:D]

BillRunacre -> RE: Is it possible to create new units? (5/16/2021 1:09:50 PM)

The easiest thing would probably be to use the MTB unit type, and just set Japan's to have a maximum strength of 5.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI