[1.09.03b] cities/zones allow to play multiple cards of limited assets/artifacts (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support

phyroks -> [1.09.03b] cities/zones allow to play multiple cards of limited assets/artifacts (5/23/2021 5:25:36 AM)

After updating from 01 to 03b you can play more than 1 Automate Cloning Facility/Gravitonic Collector/Subterran Sensor on single town. I did not have more artifact cards but it seems all of them now ignore limits?

BlueTemplar -> RE: [1.09.03b] cities/zones allow to play multiple cards of limited assets/artifacts (5/23/2021 11:42:52 AM)

Related ?
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5024042

phyroks -> RE: [1.09.03b] cities/zones allow to play multiple cards of limited assets/artifacts (5/23/2021 12:45:16 PM)

dont have cards for those so dont know, maybe? both cards should have notification saying the zone already has the asset, but artifact are not upgraded like those are.

Edit: After testing some more cards, it seems all cards under "zones" no longer check for limitations, you are also able to build multiple scientific outposts in single zone.

zgrssd -> RE: [1.09.03b] cities/zones allow to play multiple cards of limited assets/artifacts (5/23/2021 2:47:21 PM)

The actuall code that is in the if and set parts of Stratagems can only be changed by a new savegame.

That would mean the bug is in the code that is actually counting the amount/levels of a asset.

misterprimus -> RE: [1.09.03b] cities/zones allow to play multiple cards of limited assets/artifacts (5/24/2021 3:27:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

The actuall code that is in the if and set parts of Stratagems can only be changed by a new savegame.

That would mean the bug is in the code that is actually counting the amount/levels of a asset.

I noticed that with the zoo, it doesn't do anything if you play it besides use up the card / PP. If you play something like a gravity power generator, you actually get another gravity power generated in that zone, so you end up with two (and get the benefit of both).

misterprimus -> RE: [1.09.03b] cities/zones allow to play multiple cards of limited assets/artifacts (5/24/2021 3:27:57 AM)

quote:

Also are you saying it's not something that can be fixed with a patch; only with a brand new game?

zgrssd -> RE: [1.09.03b] cities/zones allow to play multiple cards of limited assets/artifacts (5/24/2021 10:04:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: misterprimus

quote:

Also are you saying it's not something that can be fixed with a patch; only with a brand new game?

I am saying the opposite - this should not be tied to a new game. The code that is executing the checks seems to be broken, so it can be fixed with a patch.

misterprimus -> RE: [1.09.03b] cities/zones allow to play multiple cards of limited assets/artifacts (5/24/2021 9:42:06 PM)

Then it must be a recent change since this was no the case in the past.

zgrssd -> RE: [1.09.03b] cities/zones allow to play multiple cards of limited assets/artifacts (5/25/2021 10:25:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: phyroks

After updating from 01 to 03b you can play more than 1 Automate Cloning Facility/Gravitonic Collector/Subterran Sensor on single town. I did not have more artifact cards but it seems all of them now ignore limits?

I think I see the issue, propably in the loading routines. For Cloning Facility the if logic is:
"che(249,11,ZONEID,3102)<1"
it should be "chk(249,11,ZONEID,3102)<1"

misterprimus -> RE: [1.09.03b] cities/zones allow to play multiple cards of limited assets/artifacts (5/26/2021 2:01:43 AM)

quote:

quote:

I think I see the issue, propably in the loading routines. For Cloning Facility the if logic is:

Huh? Is this game open source or something?

zgrssd -> RE: [1.09.03b] cities/zones allow to play multiple cards of limited assets/artifacts (5/26/2021 10:40:10 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: misterprimus

quote:

quote:

Huh? Is this game open source or something?

I turned on Debug Mode - that way I can see the data from the running game.

Vic -> RE: [1.09.03b] cities/zones allow to play multiple cards of limited assets/artifacts (6/1/2021 7:52:27 AM)

@zgr
Nice try. But "che" is an allias for "chk" :)

@anybody
If you can get me savefile to illustrate this i'll find out what is going on for the next patch. Please email it to vic@vrdesigns.net and link to this thread.

best wishes,
Vic

bavarian kid -> RE: [1.09.03b] cities/zones allow to play multiple cards of limited assets/artifacts (6/1/2021 9:53:19 AM)

sample file for this issue and https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5024042 issue has been sent[;)]

zgrssd -> RE: [1.09.03b] cities/zones allow to play multiple cards of limited assets/artifacts (6/1/2021 12:07:44 PM)

quote:

@zgr
Nice try. But "che" is an allias for "chk" :)

It would still work if it was simply the Alias that is broken, so the game would complain about that "che" thing being a unknown order [;)]

It would not be a issue if the alias works. But as the saying goes: "If - and only if!"

Given that we have at least 3 people observing this, it is likely to be a systemic issue.

Vic -> RE: [1.09.03b] cities/zones allow to play multiple cards of limited assets/artifacts (6/1/2021 2:44:46 PM)

Thanks for save files (JH, Christian)! Will be fixed upcoming patch.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI