"Weight" of airborne transportable equipment (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

Rescue193 -> "Weight" of airborne transportable equipment (5/28/2021 2:04:52 PM)

Which factors/qualities/attributes of any particular vehicle or weapon with "airborne movement allowed " define its "weight" when transported by air?

The base number, used for any flavour of rifle squad appears to be 1 which is fair enough but beyond that things turn decidedly odd.

I had thought the "weight" was some sort of mass:volume tariff that's being applied, which would be reasonable because both are relevant as far as airborne movement is concerned However, that's clearly not the case

A universal carrier weighs "3" as does a truck, a jeep and a wheeled tractor. Since all three vehicles differ by mass and volume. Its hard to know how the airborne movement "weight" that the appears in the "Unit Report" window is derived. But the particular issue that concerns me is that the mass of a 17pdr AT gun, at 3 tons, was virtually three times that of the 6pdr and its volume was also considerably greater, but both weapons are calculated as weighing "2". One thing is pretty obvious through since the mass and volume of the 17pdr gun is considerable greater than 6pdr is really ought to "weigh" more.

Is it possible to adjust the "weight" and if so, how do I do it please?

golden delicious -> RE: "Weight" of airborne transportable equipment (5/28/2021 2:32:31 PM)

As I recall, non-armoured equipment has a more or less fixed weight depending on some of the flags on the equipment, which cause the weight to vary between zero (e.g. Medium MG) and three (unarmoured motor vehicles such as trucks, as you note)

Armoured equipment weights are readily editable in the equipment editor. For the rest, I'd suggest using some sort of dummy equipment such as a porter squad to boost the weight of units which you feel are too "light".

Rescue193 -> RE: "Weight" of airborne transportable equipment (5/28/2021 3:57:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: golden delicious

As I recall, non-armoured equipment has a more or less fixed weight depending on some of the flags on the equipment, which cause the weight to vary between zero (e.g. Medium MG) and three (unarmoured motor vehicles such as trucks, as you note)

Armoured equipment weights are readily editable in the equipment editor. For the rest, I'd suggest using some sort of dummy equipment such as a porter squad to boost the weight of units which you feel are too "light".

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

I realise that the weight of armoured kit can be adjusted but found it odd - not knowing about the 'flag' thing - that vehicles like trucks don't actually have a "vehicle weight" line in the Equipment Editor (even odder still that they do possess weight in Kgs for the .nqp).

I'm sure the porters union won't be happy to be used as dummies [:D] but that's just tough I suppose! But its a useful tip and it will allow me to add a bits and pieces of weight to the other guns too.

Regards,

R193

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI