Australia has its own Bombay problem. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific

incbob -> Australia has its own Bombay problem. (5/29/2021 5:22:17 PM)

Found out Australia has its own Bombay. Well, sort of. Australia is unguardable by the Allies in the 1941 scenario.

= If Australia breaks down her starting Corps she has 8 div. + 1 HQ.
= She has to completely abandon her west coast, including Perth a moral, main supply, size 4 port.
= Even with all of this she does not have enough units to guard the ports on her southeast coast, east coast, and Canberra. She will leave two size 2 ports empty.

As Japan I can walk into 2x size 2 ports with no resistance. This means I can supply 80 STR worth of units. (Size 2 port = 40 supply x 2 = 80).

If that doesn't wet your whistle, I could land to the beaches to the southeast of Canberra. At best it will be held by one unit or Australia is leaving another port wide open. Canberra is a Main Supply, Moral, and Production center. Yes, it would be hard to take, but if you dont' guard it....

quote:

You say but wait the allied fleet will...

Die to the Japanese. Yes, yes it will.

quote:

But the Allies will defend and reinforce...

With what? If I can invade India on February 15th turn. I am thinking I might make it to Australia on January 21st in force. The Allies cannot even send a division until late March and I bet it is actually April.

generalfdog -> RE: Australia has its own Bombay problem. (5/30/2021 6:11:33 PM)

I said the same thing and yes you can invade both India and Australia but vs a good allied player all that really does is overextend the Japanese so that when the allied counter attack comes you collapse. I don't think Australia is worth it just focusing on India maybe I'm trying that right now

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI