Escaping blockaged island (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific

Stelteck -> Escaping blockaged island (5/29/2021 8:28:06 PM)

Hi.
So far, in my PBEM game as allied, i have 100% success rate (2 out of 2), in using transport to evacuate an island unsupplied garnison under siege and blockage by not less than a full 6 CV japanese fleet (supported by others fleets). They resisted until supply ran out, then embarked to run away.

I found it a little odd. But maybe i was just lucky.

eskuche -> RE: Escaping blockaged island (5/29/2021 8:51:48 PM)

It is always successful. I wanted to complain about this too.

LeLiquid -> RE: Escaping blockaged island (5/29/2021 8:55:33 PM)

Even when the fleet blockading is in fleet mode ?

eskuche -> RE: Escaping blockaged island (5/29/2021 9:18:28 PM)

Interdiction is only checked post-move, so there is never anything to prevent a completely surrounded unit from bailing by sea.

Numdydar -> RE: Escaping blockaged island (5/30/2021 12:41:22 AM)

That's nuts.

DaShox -> RE: Escaping blockaged island (5/30/2021 12:46:27 AM)

Blocking and Island by port or island with patrol craft or submarine is a little wacky to. I had an island blocked, and then the air on the island could not fly. The island would have stock of fuel/ammo to be able to carry on the battle.

At least I should be able to fly in supply's? If you can do this please let me know how.

YueJin -> RE: Escaping blockaged island (5/30/2021 12:48:59 AM)

Yup, it's great fun playing the old Benny Hill music whilst the US garrison from Canton or Midway run around invading all the islands ungarrisoned by the Japanese for the cost of a couple of landing craft and the whole IJN is chasing them around.

eskuche -> RE: Escaping blockaged island (5/30/2021 12:59:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DaShox

Blocking and Island by port or island with patrol craft or submarine is a little wacky to. I had an island blocked, and then the air on the island could not fly. The island would have stock of fuel/ammo to be able to carry on the battle.

At least I should be able to fly in supply's? If you can do this please let me know how.

Unfortunately this is where the abstraction in WPP breaks down the game a bit. I would probably add some sort of escape interdiction that is severely penalized if done without covering fleets.

Meteor2 -> RE: Escaping blockaged island (5/30/2021 7:18:37 AM)

Yes, Alvaro should think about some mechanic, that prevents, that land units escape that way.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Escaping blockaged island (5/30/2021 2:16:18 PM)

No, no, no units should not be embarking out of supply under port blockade. I swore I tested this. Well another bug to kill today.

DaShox -> RE: Escaping blockaged island (5/30/2021 7:13:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

No, no, no units should not be embarking out of supply under port blockade. I swore I tested this. Well another bug to kill today.

But should the units at a port be just cannon fodder when the Port is blockaded? Blockading the port is to strong in my opinion.

eskuche -> RE: Escaping blockaged island (5/30/2021 7:36:23 PM)

Blockading small islands is probably too strong at the moment, but as is escaping for free.

On a related note, transports should probably not be able to beachhead supply, and beachhead supply should maybe take one supply off the unit and/or stop that ship from counting towards blockading.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Escaping blockaged island (5/30/2021 10:08:30 PM)

quote:

quote:

But should the units at a port be just cannon fodder when the Port is blockaded? Blockading the port is to strong in my opinion.

You need to read about how the USA isolated Truk and Rabaul.

DaShox -> RE: Escaping blockaged island (5/31/2021 12:42:52 AM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

You need to read about how the USA isolated Truk and Rabaul.

quote:

USA isolated Truk and Rabaul

They isolated these bases with ground base air and Carrier Task forces. They didn't do it with patrol craft and submarines.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI