Partisans and Air attacks (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific >> Warplan Pacific: Tech Support Forum

incbob -> Partisans and Air attacks (5/29/2021 10:42:40 PM)

Partisans.....they show up.
What do they do? What damage do they cause? The manual mentions each country has a partisan value. Do we get to see that value?

Air attacks often show up as a 0.
Is there any thing, besides the general loss of effectiveness from defending, that happens during these attacks or is it a wasted attack?

Note that the combat reports show the players nothing.

eskuche -> RE: Partisans and Air attacks (5/29/2021 11:15:04 PM)

Partisans have 3 max strength, count as divisions, and have and 2 OP, at least until they are supplied. China and UK spawn them AFAICT.

As mentioned in the manual, effectiveness loss is capped to 40% to turn and should be the main result you are looking for when ground bombing.

incbob -> RE: Partisans and Air attacks (5/29/2021 11:21:36 PM)

Those are partisan units. I am talking about the Partisan attacks that happen every single turn. I should have clarified.

As for the air attacks, thank you for the information.

So, you believe that when it shows that an airstrike does 0, the game is saying that the airstrike was wasted and other then the effectiveness loss from defending the defending unit suffered no harm?

I am speaking specifically of ground strikes and airfield strikes.

eskuche -> RE: Partisans and Air attacks (5/30/2021 12:26:59 AM)

It’s not wasted. I often see two (edit: combat value points) drop from army/corps which can be the breaking point between 2:1 and 3-4:1.

Partisan attacks deal 2 damage to random rail hexes that are nonadjacent to an enemy occupying unit.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI