(Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket

radegast -> (8/29/2003 8:07:14 PM)

I sort of agree that a zoom would be useful, but not as much as when I first got this game.

Getting the monitor calibration right was the first step to being able to 'see' the detail, initially I found it very hard to read the map, especially those minor roads.

But more importantly, I think that after a little time my eyes (or more likely my brain) learnt how to see the map. A top down 3D like perspective is not a 'normal' one for humans to process and I think we need a little training to interpret this correctly.

Sure, I still have to use the 'remove units' key at times to see the full terrain picture, especially to see if bridges have been blown but now I 'see' the terrain almost instinctivly.

Perhaps the developers, with long exposure to the map, are well trained, and some of us train quicker than others. Persevere, and I think you'll find that the map comes to life.

Then again, I play on a quality 19" monitor, I'm not sure what the results will be on and LCD laptop screen. We'll see at the end of the month when I'm packed off for a week to a Muslim country with little or no alcohol! At least not at prices I can afford!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI