A couple of questions... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room

robjoh -> A couple of questions... (6/6/2021 7:37:22 AM)

Being a veteran WITE player I have some difficulties with WITE2... I have actually read the manual but still seem to miss some things. Started two games as German and failed miserably. Sorry if these questions have alreade been answered elsewhere (feel free to direct me) but would love some insights into:

- best strategy to capture Leningrad (was fairly easy in WITE)?
- do you merge units and when?
- do you motorize infantry units and how? Pros/cons?
- do you use AI for logistics? Pros/cons?
- do you maually airlift supplies to your panzers and is that doable when you use AI air assist?
- do you build forts in preparation for the grim winter of 41-42?

Thank you so much in advance!

loki100 -> RE: A couple of questions... (6/6/2021 9:18:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: robjoh

Being a veteran WITE player I have some difficulties with WITE2... I have actually read the manual but still seem to miss some things. Started two games as German and failed miserably. Sorry if these questions have alreade been answered elsewhere (feel free to direct me) but would love some insights into:

- best strategy to capture Leningrad (was fairly easy in WITE)?
- do you merge units and when?
- do you motorize infantry units and how? Pros/cons?
- do you use AI for logistics? Pros/cons?
- do you maually airlift supplies to your panzers and is that doable when you use AI air assist?
- do you build forts in preparation for the grim winter of 41-42?

Thank you so much in advance!

1 - its not in WiTE2, the terrain is very different. If you want to do this, at least add another Pzr Corps to PG4
2 - as the Soviets the rifle brigades are invaluable as emergency reinforcements to bring up rifle divisions back up to strength
3 - be careful on this, there is an ongoing truck/AP hit but it can be useful
4 - it does a decent enough job, with practice you can do better with direct management
5 - yes, just set the transport AOG to the specific Pzr Grp or Pzr Corps
6 - limited, only worth doing where you have good supply as they take time to fill out and its supply costly to increase in-hex fortifications from 1-2 and esp 2-3

robjoh -> RE: A couple of questions... (6/6/2021 2:01:36 PM)

Valuable. Many thanks!

CatSoup -> RE: A couple of questions... (6/8/2021 2:32:16 AM)

from my exp the AI doesn't create enough depot and ofc can't move HQ onto depot (which you should do and it greatly increase the depot ability to unload supply), so using AI to manage supply is not a great idea at least in 1941

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI