Modding (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

zasgard -> Modding (6/7/2021 4:29:17 AM)

Is there a "how to" anywhere for nodding a game. I'm curious to know how difficult it would be to change the unit art on counters. For example instead of the NATO symbol for a tank it would be an image of a pander 3

mainsworthy -> RE: Modding (6/7/2021 6:38:12 AM)

juniorgeneral.org have some nice images for counters, you have to give credit and not charge any money.

each game depends much on what engine or developer was used. its like saying how do you write a book. Its trial an error , you change something and see what happens. But some games have mod tools with their own game.

mainsworthy -> RE: Modding (6/7/2021 7:02:30 AM)

https://manyone88.itch.io/blitz-wargamezuluwildwestredcoatsnam-many-more

here is a ww2 game I mooded 8 times for differrent eras, its free for windows, just have a look at the screenshots, you will see all the diversities that are based on the one game, the differrence between me modding it and a user is I changed some code for each mod not normally avvailable to modders, you cant normally adapt the code to your mod.

Zovs -> RE: Modding (6/7/2021 12:07:36 PM)

Which game are you wanting to mod?

mainsworthy -> RE: Modding (6/7/2021 1:13:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zovs

And does it have a living manual? :)

zasgard -> RE: Modding (6/7/2021 1:54:16 PM)

quote:

War in the West. To replace the NATO symbols with 3d units (infantry man, tank, gun, etc...). I haven't seen a mod like this leads me to believe it can't be done or is ridiculously hard to do so.

CapnDarwin -> RE: Modding (6/7/2021 2:57:11 PM)

It may be possible to replace the NATO image with a 2d image of a 3d tank, but you will not be able to replace the counter with a 3d object. That requires coding and the game is set up to do 3d objects.

zasgard -> RE: Modding (6/7/2021 3:14:32 PM)

https://i.imgur.com/6FGup7h.png

So, I could have this image in place of the NATO symbol for a Panzer Division?

Whoops...answered my own question. This is a .png file and it needs to be a .tga file. [:-]

rocketman71 -> RE: Modding (6/7/2021 4:26:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: zasgard

quote:

War in the West. To replace the NATO symbols with 3d units (infantry man, tank, gun, etc...). I haven't seen a mod like this leads me to believe it can't be done or is ridiculously hard to do so.

I suggest posting in the War in the West mods and scenarios sub-forum. I'm sure you can get some first hand help there as well.

ayushiest -> RE: Modding (6/15/2021 12:20:33 PM)

correct image always better

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI