Tutorial/Player's Guide Error? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support

stolazi -> Tutorial/Player's Guide Error? (8/31/2003 7:16:05 AM)

I'm new to this type of game, so I'm going through the Player's Guide slowly and trying to absorb all the numerical information that affects gameplay (shifts, odds, steps, and so on).

Either I'm doing something wrong (wouldn't be a first) or there is a series of mistakes in the guide. In tutorial 5 (section 6.6--Attacking Undefended Strongpoints) I consistently get odds that are one less than the guide says I should be getting. For example, the second paragraph of the section reads that I should have 8-1 odds when comitting the 3rd Infantry Division to attack the strongpoint. I get 7-1. The third paragraph instructs you to add the 5th ID and the Tank Destroyer Batallion to bring the odds to 10-1+. I get 9-1.

Are these just typos, or am I missing something?

Thanks.

BrubakerII -> (8/31/2003 7:47:45 AM)

[QUOTE=stolazi]
Are these just typos, or am I missing something?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Hi Stolazi

Rest assured it it not you it is a typo or two in the tutorial. What is actually happening is that there is a enemy artillery unit within range that is adding a -1 shift to the combats, hence the reason your (and my) odds are one less than printed in the document.

You can see this by looking along the bottom of the Combat Display Area (pg 32 manual). There is a -1 shift there for defender's artillery that for some reason has not been taken into consideration in the tutorials.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI