Japan Victory Point Loss Problem (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

dhorkoff -> Japan Victory Point Loss Problem (6/21/2021 11:29:59 PM)

Hi All,

I've hit May '43 in my Reluctant Admiral PBEM game as Japan and I'm finding that I'm losing a excessive amount of victory points each turn. I'm not talking about the 1 or 2 lost due to garrison requirements not being met, I'm talking hundreds. This is vexing. I've checked for withdrawal dates on my units, air wings and ships, but nothing is overdue. Any thoughts? Is this a bug in RA? I believe I'm playing version 8.1 of RA.

Any help is appreciated. It's not game breaking per se, but trending towards zero VP is not satisfying, to say the least.

Thanks!
David.

dhorkoff -> RE: Japan Victory Point Loss Problem (6/21/2021 11:32:27 PM)

Ugh, I'm not able to post a screen grab from tracker to show the issue. Not for "7 days after my 10th post". A 5 year old account isn't good enough for Matrix I guess. Boo.

RangerJoe -> RE: Japan Victory Point Loss Problem (6/21/2021 11:41:17 PM)

Are you losing bases? Are your bases fully supplied? Those will reduce your VPs.

dhorkoff -> RE: Japan Victory Point Loss Problem (6/22/2021 12:06:28 AM)

Hi RangerJoe,

I'm not losing bases, but I've got one base that is in the red for supplies. Looking at Tracker, the dates line up with the VP loss so this looks like the source of it. Thanks!

Any idea about what the factor for losses are? If this base ran down to 0 supplies, is the VP loss equivalent to the number of VPs that they base is worth to me, or something else?

I'd done a search on the forums about this problem but didn't come up with anything. Hopefully my title will be searchable enough for future players to find this answer.

David.

Nomad -> RE: Japan Victory Point Loss Problem (6/22/2021 12:16:35 AM)

You could read the manual, section 17.0 and it will tell you about base victory points.

dhorkoff -> RE: Japan Victory Point Loss Problem (6/22/2021 12:58:03 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomad

You could read the manual...

An excellent idea! Thanks! [;)]

Nomad -> RE: Japan Victory Point Loss Problem (6/22/2021 1:50:38 AM)

And, you are not really losing any VPs, the total is just fluctuating.

Sardaukar -> RE: Japan Victory Point Loss Problem (6/22/2021 11:59:18 AM)

Garrison points? Might suffer from guerilla actions.

dhorkoff -> RE: Japan Victory Point Loss Problem (6/22/2021 8:16:45 PM)

The game explicitly tells you when there is a VP loss from insufficient garrisons. This is not the issue. It was my first thought though.

dhorkoff -> RE: Japan Victory Point Loss Problem (6/22/2021 8:18:46 PM)

quote:

If I could post a screen shot of Tracker it would show that there is an explicit loss of VPs for Japan. Unfortunately I'm still working towards my 10th post so can't upload anything!

PaxMondo -> RE: Japan Victory Point Loss Problem (6/22/2021 8:24:14 PM)

What Nomad means is that when you fix the supply issue, the points will return ... per the manual.

Or as we use to say back in the day: RTFM [:D]

RangerJoe -> RE: Japan Victory Point Loss Problem (6/22/2021 8:47:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

What Nomad means is that when you fix the supply issue, the points will return ... per the manual.

+1

RangerJoe -> RE: Japan Victory Point Loss Problem (6/22/2021 8:48:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dhorkoff

quote:

If I could post a screen shot of Tracker it would show that there is an explicit loss of VPs for Japan. Unfortunately I'm still working towards my 10th post so can't upload anything!

You can post may other places besides your own threads. So it is not hard to get to ten posts if you think about it.

dhorkoff -> RE: Japan Victory Point Loss Problem (6/22/2021 8:55:39 PM)

quote:

Indeed. The manual indicates that a base with 0 supply will only yield 25% of its victory points and that these are "awarded" at the end of the game. Implying that the current total listed in Tracker (and on the in game screen) is only showing what the total would be if the game ended on that particular turn.

Many thanks all!
David.

dhorkoff -> RE: Japan Victory Point Loss Problem (6/22/2021 8:58:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe
quote:

quote:

You can post may other places besides your own threads. So it is not hard to get to ten posts if you think about it.

An excellent observation.

Ian R -> RE: Japan Victory Point Loss Problem (6/23/2021 5:30:23 PM)

quote:

quote:

Indeed. The manual indicates that a base with 0 supply will only yield 25% of its victory points and that these are "awarded" at the end of the game. Implying that the current total listed in Tracker (and on the in game screen) is only showing what the total would be if the game ended on that particular turn.

Many thanks all!
David.

This is not meant to be in any way rude, but actually I just wanted to see if I could get a correctly formatted gif to post:

[image]https://turtleboysports.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/tumblr_inline_n8m092igSC1qf3yrr.gif[/image]

Ian R -> RE: Japan Victory Point Loss Problem (6/23/2021 5:35:41 PM)

And it seems it wasn't a random error:

[image]https://i.imgur.com/7dgbAj4.gif[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI