PBEM Save crash (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> War Plan: Tech Support

aoffen -> PBEM Save crash (6/22/2021 10:11:45 PM)

Alvaro,

PBEM save doesn’t seem to work for me. If I get part way thru a turn and want to save it using that button on the menu, the game thinks for a while then reports a general error and returns to the menu. When I re-open everything I have done to that pointis lost and I have to start the turn again.

The error message I get is "General error - please try again." and then it takes me back to the multiplayer PBEM menu with saved game data lost.

Any suggestions?

Regards
Andrew

sillyflower -> RE: PBEM Save crash (6/23/2021 7:49:05 AM)

contact slitherine support

AlvaroSousa -> RE: PBEM Save crash (6/23/2021 3:53:01 PM)

#1 try disabling the security software, then loading the game and simply saving.
#2 run warplan as administrator
#3 contact matrix support

aoffen -> RE: PBEM Save crash (6/24/2021 12:10:58 AM)

Just checked with my PBEM partner and he has the same issue. Strange no-one else is seeing it.

Quibbles -> RE: PBEM Save crash (6/24/2021 12:35:32 PM)

I tried running Warplan as administrator and I tried disabling my Norton Anti-virus, but no luck. It says my login is successful, then I get the General Error message. Very frustrating not being able to save a game!

AlvaroSousa -> RE: PBEM Save crash (6/24/2021 4:44:13 PM)

If it is both of you I would contact Matrix.

What you can do in the meanwhile is post the player log just in case it is a corrupt file. But when that happens the game messes up itself.

Error game logs are here
C:\Users\"your user ID"\AppData\LocalLow\Kraken Studios\WarPlan\player.log

You can post it here.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI