How I use aircraft in UV (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

mogami -> How I use aircraft in UV (9/2/2003 1:05:32 AM)

Hi, Pick the one that is most important to you
Rats I screwed it up and made it single vote.

pasternakski -> (9/2/2003 3:59:49 AM)

I check each group every day and try to assign it in accordance with what I'm currently trying to accomplish, given fatigue, morale, and all that. Of course, that means "I have no clue" should have been my response to the poll.

One of the toughest things for me to learn was how to anticipate air group transfers so as to get them to where I am going to be using them ahead of time so that fatigue, morale, and damaged aircraft can recover before going into action. This, along with logistics, reinforcements, and replacements, makes UV one of my favorite designs - it forces you to plan ahead, and you pay the consequences if you don't.

I would like to take weather into account, but how can you do that when it is impossible to tell what the weather is and, more importantly, what it is going to be? I really, really, really wish UV included a sophisticated weather system that would allow you to factor weather into your planning. The possibility of the forecast being wrong would be one of the best parts...

Kevinugly -> (9/2/2003 9:35:04 PM)

Shame you accidentally made it a 'single vote' poll as I tend to check my air groups every two or three days unless they've been exceptionally busy. Mind you I'm still playing with the game so this may all change :cool:

Shaggy -> (9/3/2003 3:41:41 PM)

I cant say that I check every squadron every day but I do try to check the ones that were in combat or flew long range cap the turn before. I also adjust the missions and bases depending on the situation.

Right now Im playing #13 Fortress Rabaul against the AI. Im a newbe, this will be only the 4th scenerio Ive compleated and its the longest. I was getting so flustered trying to keep track of my squadrons that I resorted to a pen and note pad :rolleyes:

But of course being a former member of the US Army Infantry I had to vote for: "Fighter pilots need more rest then infantry men". But only because its true!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI