I am WAY too late but what a great game! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series

saminurmela -> I am WAY too late but what a great game! (7/8/2021 6:57:26 PM)

After the new Valor and Victory (which is very good and promising base to build on) had rekindled my interest in computerized tactical boardgames, I felt hungry for more and deciced to buy Conflict of Heroes AtB+SoS (which I had tasted and dismissed back when the first 3D-only demo was released).

And boy was I pleasantly surprised! The boardgame graphics with top down view and hires counters made this a totally different game. When testing the ancient demo I had not even bothered to dig deeper into the mechanics of the game... Now I played the tutorials and read the surprisingly short rulebook and was totally sold. This game hits all the right notes after being a bit disappointed with TotH (cumbersome UI) and both incarnations of LnL (just didn't like the mechanics).

Now I have been reading through all CoH posts here in Matrix forums and downloading scenarios and maps.
A big thank you to Eric, Erik and Uwe for making this game possible and huge thanks to Jamm, rico, maitrebongo & other scenario makers/modders - I just managed to squeeze a close 9-8 Axis victory at Bread Factory #2!

Too bad the game seems to have gome out of development years ago... how I wish there could be some way to awaken the bear again!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI