Not generating trn files as Host (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Medieval] >> Thirty Years' War >> Tech Support

sol_invictus -> Not generating trn files as Host (7/11/2021 8:54:00 PM)

I and a friend are trying to start a pbem game but neither of us are generating trn files when we try to host a game. We both just get a hst file and an ord file of our faction. Any ideas?

I read on the Steam Forum that the hst file now functions as the old trn file. Haven't tried it yet because both myself and my pbem opponent are having a great amount of difficulty in applying the patch.

laramieela -> RE: Not generating trn files as Host (7/14/2021 12:31:47 AM)

With this engine you do not use a trn file. You share the hst and that allows your opponent to create an ord.
Try it.

sol_invictus -> RE: Not generating trn files as Host (7/14/2021 12:45:17 AM)

Is there some trick to getting the patch to install? I tried manually and with the game menu installer and both times it said the game was successfully patched but by reading the patch notes I can tell it isn't patched and it still says version 1.00 on the game screen.

laramieela -> RE: Not generating trn files as Host (7/15/2021 12:10:05 AM)

Ok, I assume you are non-steam. Apply the patch one level higher than is intuitive and that will do the trick.

sol_invictus -> RE: Not generating trn files as Host (7/15/2021 3:19:14 AM)

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean by apply the patch one level higher.

laramieela -> RE: Not generating trn files as Host (7/22/2021 11:25:56 PM)

The installer often points you TYW Folder. Use the up arrow to the Thirty Years War folder.
Ask again if this does not make sense

BTW, love your Cicero quotation. Is this liberty versus license or something else.

sol_invictus -> RE: Not generating trn files as Host (7/23/2021 3:14:45 AM)

Thanks I will try it.

It is debated what Cicero actually meant by this but considering the man and the times he lived I always thought he was warning of the danger of license as compared to liberty.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI