Increase Max # of Resources? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

jayjonesiv -> Increase Max # of Resources? (7/17/2021 9:23:08 PM)

Is it possible to increase the maximum number of resources?

Currently, you can add a maximum of 80 however curious if there is a mod or way I can increase that to 150?

Thanks!

rjord2021 -> RE: Increase Max # of Resources? (7/18/2021 8:28:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jayjonesiv

Is it possible to increase the maximum number of resources?

Currently, you can add a maximum of 80 however curious if there is a mod or way I can increase that to 150?

Thanks!

I know the manual is saying there is a limit of 80 resources.... let me have a look at it and see if there is a workaround.

rjord2021 -> RE: Increase Max # of Resources? (7/18/2021 10:41:31 PM)

Unfortunately, this looks like the limit is hard coded into the game......... the game doesnt even load up when you have more than 80 resources and adds an error to the error log saying you have more than 80 resources.

Distant Worlds - Crash Dump - 1.9.5.12

8:35:28 AM Monday, 19 July 2021

System.ApplicationException: Exceeded maximum resource count in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Distant Worlds Universe\Customization\Warhammer 40,000 (V14)\resources.txt. Cannot define more than 80 resources.
at DistantWorlds.Types.ResourceSystem.LoadFromFile(String filePath)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Galaxy.InitializeResourceDefinitions(String applicationStartupPath, String customizationSetName)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Galaxy.InitializeData(String applicationStartupPath, String customizationSetName, ResourceSystem& resourceSystem, PlanetaryFacilityDefinitionList& facilityDefinitions, ComponentDefinition[]& componentDefinitions, FighterSpecificationList& fighterSpecifications, ResearchNodeDefinitionList& researchNodeDefinitions, GovernmentAttributesList& governments, RaceFamilyList& raceFamilies, PlagueList& plagues)
at DistantWorlds.Types.Galaxy.InitializeData(String applicationStartupPath, String customizationSetName, ResourceSystem& resourceSystem)
at DistantWorlds.Start..ctor()
at AdeiSmFbbeZGrsmmeB.Xe3uDLq1SwUX40GKys.SofRtfIJrGO()

Application info follows:

Exceeded maximum resource count in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Distant Worlds Universe\Customization\Warhammer 40,000 (V14)\resources.txt. Cannot define more than 80 resources.

jayjonesiv -> RE: Increase Max # of Resources? (7/20/2021 1:48:21 AM)

Oh, man! But amazing of you to check! Thank you!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI