Game freeze after changing task force name (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

Pancor -> Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 2:41:22 PM)

As the title is written

i'm having a problem where it occur after i change a task force name or torpedo ordnance number in the main game, although i could move in game with my cursor on the screen, but i can't select any base, task force, and unit.

My preset were: -f -pxf1366 -pyf768 -deepColour -dd_sw -noFire
Running in Win 10, and using RHS mod

I tried using high dpi setting and compability run to no avail

I think thats all from my explanation for the problem that i encountered

geofflambert -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 3:01:44 PM)

It would have nothing to do with the display. You are hitting carriage return after making changes? Does the "window" for the change clear off the screen? When you change inventory count on torpedoes you have to click on "ok" or hit carriage return. Does that work? Does it then let you click on exit from the HQ screen?

geofflambert -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 3:05:01 PM)

When changing torpedo count does this happen on the HQs that only allow increases of 20 per change, or the HQs that let you enter any number?

Pancor -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 3:07:28 PM)

yes i forgot to tell, i do click ok after change torpedo, and the "window" for the change is clear off the screen, it does let me exit from the HQ screen.

But the one thing that i almost forgot to tell it only occurs on after i press alt+tab, and then back to the game again in the fullscreen mode

geofflambert -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 3:09:39 PM)

Well, then, don't hit alt+tab! [:-][:D] Remind me, what is alt+tab for?

geofflambert -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 3:12:57 PM)

Maybe change your -f to -fd?

geofflambert -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 3:15:40 PM)

That has never happened to me but I play in windows mode. You say the cursor moves, does the map move when you put the cursor on the edge?

Pancor -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 3:17:41 PM)

[sm=comp16.gif] Oh yes.......

Alt+tab is for changing program, so i could do some multirole stuff yeah..... [sm=Cool-609.gif]

But is there any know medication for this, as it also happens in windows mode

geofflambert -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 3:19:09 PM)

Is cannabis legal where you are?

Pancor -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 3:23:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

That has never happened to me but I play in windows mode. You say the cursor moves, does the map move when you put the cursor on the edge?

The map could move when i put the cursor on the edge

geofflambert -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 3:24:05 PM)

It must be that multi-role stuff you're doing simultaneously is interfering with the game interface. If the map doesn't move when you position the cursor on the edge then the computer thinks your other process is dominant and you'll have to shut it down. Otherwise if you're in windows mode try anything to make it clear that's the active window, like minimize the window and then go back to full.

Pancor -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 3:24:50 PM)

quote:

When changing torpedo count does this happen on the HQs that only allow increases of 20 per change, or the HQs that let you enter any number?

All kind of HQ

Pancor -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 3:26:30 PM)

quote:

Is cannabis legal where you are?

Oh thats is ilegal posession stuff man haram....
you could see where im from

geofflambert -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 3:27:24 PM)

I'm stumped except to say that other process is interfering.

geofflambert -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 3:29:06 PM)

Perhaps the values of certain keys change from one game to the other and they don't reset just because you've switched windows.

Pancor -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 3:30:11 PM)

quote:

Maybe change your -f to -fd?

try -fd to no avail

Pancor -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 3:36:42 PM)

quote:

Perhaps the values of certain keys change from one game to the other and they don't reset just because you've switched windows.

They did change however, that why im here also stumped by it

geofflambert -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 3:56:00 PM)

If there's a way to manage that, someone will know. Maybe you could create a network within your computer and each process would be separated that way. But then you'd have to log off the one and log onto the other each time.

Pancor -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 3:58:55 PM)

I currently in the process of reinstalling the game, but i take that suggestion about creating a network type process

BBfanboy -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/19/2021 9:09:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pancor

As the title is written

i'm having a problem where it occur after i change a task force name or torpedo ordnance number in the main game, although i could move in game with my cursor on the screen, but i can't select any base, task force, and unit.

My preset were: -f -pxf1366 -pyf768 -deepColour -dd_sw -noFire
Running in Win 10, and using RHS mod

I tried using high dpi setting and compability run to no avail

I think thats all from my explanation for the problem that i encountered

The correct format for the switch is -deepColor . Drop the 'u'. Also be sure you have used the hyphen from the top of the keyboard and not the minus sign from the numeric keypad; and check the shortcut your are using is not the Autorun.exe shortcut. You need a shortcut pointing to WarInThePacific-AdmiralEdition.exe in the game folder. It also helps to specify
-SingleCpuOrders and -cpu3 or -cpu4 to avoid conflicts with Windows and other apps running in the background.

Be sure to install the base game and then the patch 1126a or 1126b.

Pancor -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/20/2021 8:15:04 AM)

Thanks for the heads up, and suggestion

Pancor -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (7/20/2021 8:26:19 AM)

Solution for now is don't press Alt+tab for my ongoing problem

GetAssista -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (8/14/2021 7:29:01 PM)

Alt-tabbing and WITP are not particularly friendly sometimes yeah. I get random crashes if I do it too much. Luckily I don’t need as much alt-tabbing to the FAQs as I used to, and I make notes on paper if needed

Nomad -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (8/14/2021 7:33:02 PM)

Two or monitors and windowed mode work fantastic.

Schorsch -> RE: Game freeze after changing task force name (8/14/2021 9:34:29 PM)

i had the same issue a while ago, the only reliable fix for the alt+tab freeze/crash is playing in windowed mode for me

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI