This needs work (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Valor & Victory

Steely Glint -> This needs work (7/19/2021 5:36:56 PM)

1. There is no real scenario editor.
2. There is no unit editor.
3. There is no map editor.
4. There is no scenario difficulty selector.
5. There is no scenario length selector.

There is a lot of work neeeding to be done to make this an adequate tactical game. The basics seem adequate. The ASL counter mod also increases enjoyment.

Steely Glint -> RE: This needs work (7/19/2021 11:26:25 PM)

How to easily make a scenario difficulty selector for V&V:

Very difficult means that all the die rolls are modified by two in the opponent’s favor

Difficult means that all the die rolls are modified by one in the opponent’s favor

Standard means no die rolls are modified

Easy means that all the die rolls are modified by one in the player’s favor

Very easy means that all the die rolls are modified by two in the player’s favor

yobowargames -> RE: This needs work (7/20/2021 3:53:54 PM)

Thanks for the feedback Steely Glint. Can you explain what you mean by 1?

Lance

Rusty1961 -> RE: This needs work (7/23/2021 4:57:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steely Glint

There is a lot of work neeeding to be done to make this an adequate tactical game. The basics seem adequate. The ASL counter mod also increases enjoyment.

Most games are rush jobs....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Monkie -> RE: This needs work (7/24/2021 5:00:31 PM)

Feeding the trolls perhaps but I don't feel the game has a rushed feeling at all.

1) There is a scenario editor, as a matter of fact it's easy to use and you can quickly make a fun enjoyable scenario in a matter of minutes. I guess by "real" you mean it has to have everything you demand it to have?
2) Where was it said you can make your own units and edit their abilities? Might be nice but remember developers need income as well to improve and add through DLC's etc.
3) Again it might be nice to have but the maps included are quite well done and limited to Normandy at this time. There is talk about map editing in the future.
4) Yes no difficulty selector, that is a great thing about the game, you have to learn to get better, no hand holding. Many of the scenarios are very tough, but you can always load them in the editor and make it as easy for you to win as you would like, nobody is stopping you.
5) Again you can load the scenario into the editor and increase or decrease the length to whatever you desire.

Hoyt Burrass -> RE: This needs work (7/25/2021 3:54:36 PM)

I'm with Monkie...does the game have some rough edges...yes, but the devs are here and supporting it. For what it is and at the price point it's at, I think it's a great buy and has tremendous potential...it also has a nicely functional PBEM system that works!....I find play quick easy and enjoyable.

thewood1 -> RE: This needs work (7/25/2021 5:00:01 PM)

The game is OK, but has an early access feel to it. I bought it to support the dev and games like this. But sure am hoping this isn't all there'll be.

Steely Glint -> RE: This needs work (8/1/2021 4:29:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: yobowargames

Thanks for the feedback Steely Glint. Can you explain what you mean by 1?

Lance

A full scenario editor allows for map creation and editing as well as unit creation and editing. We should be able to both design maps and create random ones.

This game has potential, but it needs the things I listed to reach them. Done fully and done right, this game could be a classic. Done partially, this game could be a memory in a year.

Steely Glint -> RE: This needs work (8/1/2021 4:35:34 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Monkie

Feeding the trolls perhaps but I don't feel the game has a rushed feeling at all.

1) There is a scenario editor, as a matter of fact it's easy to use and you can quickly make a fun enjoyable scenario in a matter of minutes. I guess by "real" you mean it has to have everything you demand it to have?
2) Where was it said you can make your own units and edit their abilities? Might be nice but remember developers need income as well to improve and add through DLC's etc.
3) Again it might be nice to have but the maps included are quite well done and limited to Normandy at this time. There is talk about map editing in the future.
4) Yes no difficulty selector, that is a great thing about the game, you have to learn to get better, no hand holding. Many of the scenarios are very tough, but you can always load them in the editor and make it as easy for you to win as you would like, nobody is stopping you.
5) Again you can load the scenario into the editor and increase or decrease the length to whatever you desire.

Do you always go around lying (“ everything you demand it to have”, etc.) and crapping on other people’s constructive suggestions on how to improve games? I’ve been a wargamer for fifty years now. I know what it takes for games like this to succeed and what makes them fail.

Try not to be such a berk in the future.

Simulacra53 -> RE: This needs work (8/5/2021 6:38:28 AM)

Would your recommendations help to elevate this game to a classic?
Having a full editor certainly does not hurt and community involvement is a crucial factor in long term success.

Maybe reflect on how you write your constructive criticism.

The original post is negative.
It clearly implies that the game is inadequate unless your recommendations are followed, it needs a lot of work until it is adequate.
The follow up again emphasis on potential, but as is soon to be forgotten.

Of course with your 50 years of gaming experience you are entitled to your opinion, but you did not learn how to win any hearts and minds.

Look on the positive side, you have the attention of the developer.

rico21 -> RE: This needs work (8/5/2021 9:18:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steely Glint

Despite all of this, I managed to do the scenarios I wanted, I must be the king of berks.[sm=happy0029.gif]

thewood1 -> RE: This needs work (8/6/2021 8:55:07 PM)

While I generally like the game and agree the OP could have used a different tone, his overall message is not completely out in left field. I think the very low numbers on these forums and the average of 6 players over 30 days on Steam probably reflect the general feeling of the potential audience. V&V has a lot of potential, but is a very limited game compared to its direct competitors.

lesharris -> RE: This needs work (8/6/2021 9:41:27 PM)

The dearth of scenarios included in the game is pretty baffling. Obviously a tightly focused $19.99 game isn’t going to be TOAW4 but it still feels anemic. That said the system is nice and feels a bit like ASL Light. The developer seems responsive and I hope the sales will justify further development work.

xxup -> RE: This needs work (8/16/2021 10:58:17 AM)

Doesn't feel rushed to me. I don't really want to read a 400 page manual or have control over the eyebrow colours of the troopies in my games. I like this game and it is at the right level for me.

FroBodine -> RE: This needs work (8/16/2021 2:28:20 PM)

But, the developers really aren't supporting it much at all. They put out one update with zoom added. A mostly useless feature. Where are more scenarios, more units types, more stuff to make this game compete with the other tactical digital game that's out right now?

DingBat -> RE: This needs work (8/16/2021 9:55:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: FroBodine

But, the developers really aren't supporting it much at all. They put out one update with zoom added. A mostly useless feature. Where are more scenarios, more units types, more stuff to make this game compete with the other tactical digital game that's out right now?

Well, in our defense, the game has been out for only a little over 2 months.

Lance is taking a much needed vacation. I've been working on new features and but I'm off on vacation soon as well.

Our intention is certainly to provide players with a great game. There's a lot of things in the pipeline. Lance will likely look at making some of it more visible when he's back.

bigus -> RE: This needs work (8/16/2021 11:22:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Simulacra53

Having a full editor certainly does not hurt and community involvement is a crucial factor in long term success.

It clearly implies that the game is inadequate unless your recommendations are followed, it needs a lot of work until it is adequate.

Of course with your 50 years of gaming experience you are entitled to your opinion, but you did not learn how to win any hearts and minds.

Well said.
You can't please everyone. I personally think this is a great game for the money spent.
Took me 1 minute to make a scenario.
I agree it needs a bit of work but I have faith right now that improvements are coming.

Big Ivan -> RE: This needs work (8/16/2021 11:50:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DingBat

quote:

Lance is taking a much needed vacation. I've been working on new features and but I'm off on vacation soon as well.

Our intention is certainly to provide players with a great game. There's a lot of things in the pipeline. Lance will likely look at making some of it more visible when he's back.

++1 Gentlemen! V & V has the potential!!

Thanks for all you developers do!![:D]

rico21 -> RE: This needs work (8/17/2021 3:25:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big Ivan

quote:

ORIGINAL: DingBat

quote:

++1 Gentlemen! V & V has the potential!!

Thanks for all you developers do!![:D]

John, do a scenario please!!![;)]

Big Ivan -> RE: This needs work (8/17/2021 4:26:42 PM)

I'd love to rico but I'm busy at the moment with another behind the scenes project. Maybe in the future when things quiet down a bit.

But good news I do have the makings of a scenario for V&V. British and Germans with tanks and anti-tank guns. Guns a go-go baby!

Regards rico,
John[;)]

zakblood -> RE: This needs work (8/21/2021 11:48:26 AM)

if you really want to know what's going off, then read what the developers is saying, not guessing in his own words

https://digitalwargamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/digitalwargamer_3.pdf

and then wait for the follow on[;)]

AP514 -> RE: This needs work (8/25/2021 5:45:23 AM)

I really want to purchase this one but Matrix record of late with devs is really Bad.....

Matrix must have a 1 patch min in the contract because most of the Devs lately are 1 and done on the patching of these games....

Then they disappear like a fart in the wind... leaving us with half baked buggy games..
sad but true

Magpius -> RE: This needs work (8/25/2021 9:10:41 AM)

Not my experience, can you give any recent examples?

DingBat -> RE: This needs work (8/26/2021 7:52:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AP514

I really want to purchase this one but Matrix record of late with devs is really Bad.....

Matrix must have a 1 patch min in the contract because most of the Devs lately are 1 and done on the patching of these games....

Then they disappear like a fart in the wind... leaving us with half baked buggy games..
sad but true

Setting aside the idea that V&V is "half baked" or "buggy", I can assure you Lance and I aren't going anywhere. Now that Lance has returned from vacation, I believe he's working with Slitherine to make plans to talk about some of the things we've been working on.

AP514 -> RE: This needs work (9/6/2021 6:20:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magpius

Lock-N-Load, Check Your 6, Carrier Deck......Just a few !!

Steely Glint -> RE: This needs work (9/7/2021 10:48:34 PM)

I am not interested in winning hearts and minds. I’m only interested in winning battles, in real life and in gaming. In this case the battle is to make this game into what it ought to be instead of what it is now. With a full set of features that I identified this game would be the Holy Grail of World War II tactical gaming. Without them, it will be just another game. The developers get to make the choice of what they want the game to be: classic or forgotten. I hope they choose wisely.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Simulacra53

Magpius -> RE: This needs work (9/8/2021 11:07:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AP514

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magpius

Lock-N-Load, Check Your 6, Carrier Deck......Just a few !!

[X(]
STRUTH!
That is indeed a run of outs.

rico21 -> RE: This needs work (9/8/2021 4:40:31 PM)

Check your six[&:], amazing[:D]

[image]local://upfiles/53841/73C13349F9A04FBAB82C61439BA793E7.jpg[/image]

BradK82 -> RE: This needs work (9/8/2021 10:27:14 PM)

Well with "positive" threads like this "encouraging" potential new customers I don't see the developers getting the support they need to make improvements. Probably should look elsewhere.

z1812 -> RE: This needs work (9/9/2021 5:05:48 PM)

@ Steely Glint

It is obvious by your attitude that you are not interested in winning "hearts and minds". I imagine Steely Glint is the only one who knows what a good wargame should be..............why not show everyone just how smart you are by designing and coding your own game.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI