Korsun won't run (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support

FJake -> Korsun won't run (9/3/2003 11:48:52 AM)

Just received my copy of Korsun (PC version). Installer said load was successful. When I clicked on the desk icon I get an error message saying it can't find "Korsun.exe". I do a file search & DO find & click on "Korsun.exe" & get another error message saying something to the effect that its linked to a missing "dsound.dll:11" & then says that there is a missing piece of hardware!!!!! HELP!!!!!

Matthew Urch -> Try this fix (9/3/2003 7:22:28 PM)

This bug cropped up during beta testing. Its a windows directx error. Here's a copy of my post about it. Let me know if this doesn't work or you're not sure how to boot into Dos or find the file once you're there. I'll do my best to help!

[I]When trying to install KP at work I encountered a an error

"Korson.exe is linked to a missing export dsound.dll:11"

I thought this was down to my sound card, and updated the sound card drivers - but this didn't help.

A quick search of the net revealed that sometimes directx doesn't install fully, and leaves an old dsound.dll file. To rename this file you have to boot in DOS mode, then when you boot back to windows and reinstall directx 8 the correct version of dsound.dll is loaded.[/I]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI