Isolated unit combat loss not working (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket >> Korsun Pocket Support

tempest -> Isolated unit combat loss not working (9/3/2003 2:33:55 PM)

Playing the TAO3 scenario by email, I observed the isolated unit additional combat loss mechanic not working. A stack of 2 4-step, isolated infantry units(hex 30,23 of attached game file) was attacked at 4-1 odds in forest with a result of double die D1 and D1. The units retreated correctly but lost only 1 step each as would be expected if they were not isolated. I later experimented with several attacks and found that an R result did result in an additional casualty(i.e. a double die D1 and D1R results in 3 step casualties) but a D1 was always just 1 step loss.

Matthew Urch -> Retreat losses (9/3/2003 7:09:55 PM)

When a unit is forced to retreat through a combat result, but cannot, it no longer automatically takes a step loss. I think a normal unit has a 50% chance of taking an extra loss, an elite unit a 1/3 chance.

I think for isolated units they no longer take an extra step loss plus a retreat. I think they just retreat automtically and take a step loss if they can't.

Matthew

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI