Nato Symbols visual guide? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

Daza99 -> Nato Symbols visual guide? (8/1/2021 3:15:47 AM)

Has anyone found image reference for the Nato counters we have in the game. I tried to search online but there seems to be quite a different range Nato symbols out there on the web. So i just wondered if someone has found a match?

Soar_Slitherine -> RE: Nato Symbols visual guide? (8/1/2021 1:35:38 PM)

There's a list of the various OOBs along with their counter images at the bottom of this post. Unfortunately the range of Nato symbols present in the game is a bit limited compared to the actual range of unit types. There's a few mods that attempt to improve the game's Nato symbology, such as this one, but there's a hardcoded limit to the number of unique symbols that can be implemented.

mroyer -> RE: Nato Symbols visual guide? (8/1/2021 6:56:29 PM)

I have tried all sorts of things to trick the engine into giving us greater latitude in NATO symbology by unit type and have come up short every time. I've tried substituting the non-NATO imagery and I've searched and searched through the mods system and embedded tables to see if I can reassign the image files, but so far it seems impossible without a code change.

Every now and then I get motivated to try some other path - maybe someday I'll figure something out.

-Mark R.

zgrssd -> RE: Nato Symbols visual guide? (8/1/2021 10:10:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Daza99

Has anyone found image reference for the Nato counters we have in the game. I tried to search online but there seems to be quite a different range Nato symbols out there on the web. So i just wondered if someone has found a match?

Wikipedia Page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_Joint_Military_Symbology#Unit_symbols

Keep in mind the game indicates Friendly/Hostily/Neutral/Unknown via the color and borders, rather then the shape.

It should be impossible for more then one classification to exist. That would ruin the very concept of the NATO symbols as universal Symbols across dozens of nations.

solops -> RE: Nato Symbols visual guide? (8/28/2021 3:53:46 PM)

The available symbols are very limited. I particularly miss mechanized infantry. Also Mr. Royer has indicated that some of the unit types don't seem to be able to be "forced" into their proper symbol(?)

Haplo -> RE: Nato Symbols visual guide? (8/30/2021 6:40:15 AM)

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5005272

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI