Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

beads -> Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window question (8/21/2021 8:13:44 PM)

I may be missing something obvious here - one of the features of Harpoon ANW I used a lot was multiple windows, including tracking windows.

I could have the main window showing the overall battle area with another tracking window to show my CVBG, as well as other windows I could set up to follow an ASW engagement for example. Very useful!

Is this available in CMO and I just can't find it?

Thanks

thewood1 -> RE: Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window question (8/21/2021 8:27:21 PM)

It isn't in CMO. I think the best you can do is use TacView to monitor close in while using the bigger picture. Or you can use the group hot key to quickly switch back and forth.

beads -> RE: Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window question (8/21/2021 8:49:01 PM)

Thanks.

Seems like a feature that could well be included, but on the whole CMO doesn't seem to be very multiple-windows-based.

I will go looking for a feature suggestion thread.

JFS737 -> RE: Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window question (8/21/2021 8:51:47 PM)

I have missed this old Harpoon feature very much as well. It may be the top of my list! The Mini Map under map settings is a small consolation and has a small amount of usefullness. Can't hold a candle to the multi window setup though.

Good luck,
John

Gunner98 -> RE: Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window question (8/21/2021 10:27:16 PM)

You do get multiple windows of a different sort, I keep the message window on a 2nd monitor and the DB & Mission window on a 3rd monitor.

The old tracking windows that Harpoon gave you were great but you don't get them in CMO. What you do get is the quick jump keys (Cntl+# to set and then hit the number), which are very handy

B

Dimitris -> RE: Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window question (8/22/2021 7:39:46 AM)

You can use minimaps to give you different views of the same theater.

nukkxx5058 -> RE: Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window question (8/22/2021 9:38:40 AM)

I never used minimaps before (couldn't see any interest to it) so I tried. Each time I open a mini map and resize it to larger, the whole game crashes. :-(

thewood1 -> RE: Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window question (8/22/2021 11:28:00 AM)

I have never found mini-maps worth the screen real estate loss. It has always worked, but seems very finicky and difficult to read. Its basically a blue blob vs a red blob. Might take a second look to see if I missed something.

mikerohan -> RE: Harpoon player starting on CMO - tracking window question (8/22/2021 12:50:41 PM)

I've tried the minimaps but I don't like them.
On the other hand, with a multi-monitor setup I'd love to have several tracking windows. In several scenarios there are lots of things happening at the same time at different places... With the hot-keys it becomes a "click fest" if you try to follow the action!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI