Unable to select target (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support

beads -> Unable to select target (9/1/2021 9:09:44 PM)

Shortly after I saved in the attached, my ship Yorktown is attacked by an aircraft.

When I try to engage the aircraft by using ctrl f1 and clicking on it, the weapons screen comes up with the target as a BOL point and I can only use BOL capable weapons.

As I am unable to select the target I cannot fire on it.

I have also tried simply telling Yorktown to attack the aircraft using f1, nothing happens.

Also I noted the sticky on this forum saying always attach a savefile - when I tried to attach the savefile I got the message filetype not supported, so I zipped the savefile before attaching.

thewood1 -> RE: Unable to select target (9/1/2021 11:27:09 PM)

In a couple of the pinned threads on asking for help and how to post, it says to zip the file. For security, as far as I can tell, Matrix only accepts jpg and zip files.

As to the Yorktown; its doctrine is set to weapons hold. If you switch to Tight and either designate the Flogger as hostile or designate it as a target for the YT, through F1, the YT will fire.

thewood1 -> RE: Unable to select target (9/1/2021 11:30:18 PM)

btw, one of the best ways to tell why something isn't firing is to look in the manual under that section or use shift+F1. When using shift+F1, it'll actually tell why you can't fire. But the list isn't exhaustive. When I hit shift+F1 and it shows weapons are green, yet still not firing, I always check ROE settings.

In fact, before I start any scenario, I try to go through ROEs and make sure they are going to conflict with my plans.

KnightHawk75 -> RE: Unable to select target (9/1/2021 11:34:36 PM)

quote:

When I try to engage the aircraft by using ctrl f1 and clicking on it, the weapons screen comes up with the target as a BOL point and I can only use BOL capable weapons.

I'm confused that's what ctrl-f1 is for, if you want non-bol weapons use shift-f1.

beads -> RE: Unable to select target (9/2/2021 7:08:42 AM)

Thanks for the info, i still need to get my head around the primacy of doctrine.

Is there a way to see all of the red text in the weapons window when a weapon can't fire?

I can usually only read the first part of it because the text is cut off by the edge of the window section.

thewood1 -> RE: Unable to select target (9/2/2021 8:57:31 AM)

I think if you hover over the line.

KnightHawk75 -> RE: Unable to select target (9/2/2021 7:18:32 PM)

Or scroll to the right in more recent builds.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI