Why hasn't anyone made this other kinda wargame yet? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

benpark -> Why hasn't anyone made this other kinda wargame yet? (9/6/2003 11:03:30 AM)

Matrix should toss EYSA and Korsun Pocket into a blender.

An operational game (like KP) that "zooms" into a tactical game (something like CMBO/BB or EYSA-not RTS) is my dream. Operational combats could either be resolved by the traditional "boardgame" style, or the player could go to company+-level to resolve the battle. The CC series, as well as the Total War series both attempted this in a very basic way, but something deeper is needed for a truly great wargame.

A game that would fulfill my dreams in a computer wargame if done right-with an adherence to real world tactics and history (Eastern Front pref. fer me).

riverbravo -> (9/9/2003 9:15:12 PM)

Total war is pretty good and is an excellent example how it should work .in WW2 of course.

It would have to support more than 2 players MP.

It would be great to play like 3vs3 with each player getting an army or a few divisions.

It would have to support PBEM as well as TCP/IP.

I really dont see any games with the huge campaign aspect as well as the zoom in and get dirty of a CC or CM.

You could do it but with pencil and paper and a map but whats the point?Thats what a computer is for....for calculating battle stats ;)

Maybe one day we will see this dream game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI