New Game Suggestion (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

KGrob -> New Game Suggestion (9/27/2021 7:46:25 PM)

I want to play a new game. Anyone remember an old Avalon Hill board game called "Blitzkrieg" ?? (I think it was.) It featured two mythical countries fighting each other circa 1945. Great game, one of my all time faves.

Anyway, I'd love to find a game set in a mythical place in the not too distant past...I'm not much into historical replays. Difficulty is not really a factor -- easy, medium, hard, grognard.

So, does anyone know of such a game? Mythical in the regard that I'm not interested in real countries or historical replays.
No magic or sci fi or such. Preferably 20th century but that is not a deal killer.

Just wondering.

operating -> RE: New Game Suggestion (9/27/2021 8:10:28 PM)

Had the same original game (Blitzkrieg), great counters, same with many other AH games going back to the mid-seventies on up. Agree with your ideas..[;)]

Curtis Lemay -> RE: New Game Suggestion (9/27/2021 8:31:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KGrob

I want to play a new game. Anyone remember an old Avalon Hill board game called "Blitzkrieg" ?? (I think it was.) It featured two mythical countries fighting each other circa 1945. Great game, one of my all time faves.

Anyway, I'd love to find a game set in a mythical place in the not too distant past...I'm not much into historical replays. Difficulty is not really a factor -- easy, medium, hard, grognard.

So, does anyone know of such a game? Mythical in the regard that I'm not interested in real countries or historical replays.
No magic or sci fi or such. Preferably 20th century but that is not a deal killer.

Just wondering.

A TOAW scenario.

cbelva -> RE: New Game Suggestion (9/27/2021 8:32:44 PM)

Advance Tactics Gold has/had a user created scenario based on the AH Blitzkrieg game. It was pretty good too IIRC.

Curtis Lemay -> RE: New Game Suggestion (9/27/2021 9:57:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

quote:

Just wondering.

A TOAW scenario.

Here's an AAR for it:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4901920

KGrob -> RE: New Game Suggestion (10/2/2021 6:12:22 PM)

Thanx. I appreciate that you took the time to help me.

lenna0428 -> RE: New Game Suggestion (10/6/2021 8:21:28 AM)

If you have Nintendo Switch, Zelda is a must play game! Of course, if you just want to seek a peaceful and leisure game to play, Animal Crossing would be a great idea.

lenna0428 -> RE: New Game Suggestion (11/2/2021 7:37:00 AM)

Sharing my favourite game - Animal Crossing where others may think it is slow and boring[:D][:D]But I think if you are looking for some adventure game, Spiderman from PS5 would be a good choice! According to the research here, it stated the top games for PS5 that worth for trying!

quote:

Just wondering.

Kuokkanen -> RE: New Game Suggestion (11/2/2021 5:23:04 PM)

quote:

Advanced Tactics Gold (mentioned already). Game comes with some historical scenarios and more available in the Internet. But game also has random scenario generator with made up country names.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI