Motorized vs Mechanized (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

mroyer -> Motorized vs Mechanized (10/2/2021 1:59:53 PM)

For various purposes, especially posture stratagems, is truck-motorized infantry considered mechanized or infantry? How about APC infantry?

-Mark R.

Voker57 -> RE: Motorized vs Mechanized (10/2/2021 8:41:30 PM)

Mechanized is APCs, Motorized is trucks.

Soar_Slitherine -> RE: Motorized vs Mechanized (10/2/2021 9:02:21 PM)

Based on previous discussions, having transport does not change what a subunit is considered to be for posture bonus purposes. APCs gain any posture modifiers that apply to mechanized units, while the infantry riding in them will only be affected by infantry-related modifiers.

mroyer -> RE: Motorized vs Mechanized (10/2/2021 9:05:13 PM)

quote:

Okay, so "motorized" is "infantry"?

From that I presume APC infantry gets advantage from Blitzkrieg stratagem and not from a Forced March stratagem, correct?

And conversely, a motorized infantry get advantage from Forced March but not Blitzkrieg. Right?

Thanks,
-Mark R.

mroyer -> RE: Motorized vs Mechanized (10/2/2021 9:13:24 PM)

quote:

Based on previous discussions, having transport does not change what a subunit is considered to be for posture bonus purposes. APCs gain any posture modifiers that apply to mechanized units, while the infantry riding in them will only be affected by infantry-related modifiers.

Hmmm.... I see. I think that kind of makes sense to me.

So... still... are trucks mechanized? i.e., would trucks benefit from AP bonus of a Blitzkrieg even though the infantry riding in them wouldn't gain attack benefits?

-Mark R.

Clux -> RE: Motorized vs Mechanized (10/2/2021 9:17:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mroyer

quote:

Okay, so "motorized" is "infantry"?

From that I presume APC infantry gets advantage from Blitzkrieg stratagem and not from a Forced March stratagem, correct?

And conversely, a motorized infantry get advantage from Forced March but not Blitzkrieg. Right?

Thanks,
-Mark R.

Yes, if you use "Elastic Defense" your APCs will have a LOWER attack score while defending, but the infantry units will have a higher attack score while defending.

The main point of using trucks its giving your units more mobility since their movements require most of the time less AP, but more importantly, the unit doesn't lose readiness after each move.

The main point of using APCs its giving some hard units to your infantry, but they're expensive, and by mid-late game their attack/defense doesn't escalate too well.

mroyer -> RE: Motorized vs Mechanized (10/2/2021 9:33:30 PM)

Okay, I think I understand and thinking it through it makes sense how it's implemented. I like it.

Thanks everyone for explaining - I've been wondering that for a while.
-Mark R.

mattpilot -> RE: Motorized vs Mechanized (11/12/2021 12:27:21 PM)

Am i the only one who finds trucks to manpower heavy for providing no combat bonus? APC's at least fight, so i try to always wait until APC's before i 'motorize' my troops.

Or what am i missing?

Clux -> RE: Motorized vs Mechanized (11/12/2021 8:23:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mattpilot

Am i the only one who finds trucks to manpower heavy for providing no combat bonus? APC's at least fight, so i try to always wait until APC's before i 'motorize' my troops.

Or what am i missing?

It used to be like that, but nowdays when you recruit trucks it only uses 20% of the stated manpower

Thomas8 -> RE: Motorized vs Mechanized (11/13/2021 8:23:01 PM)

To be precise - about above post - you will 'pay' 500 recruits for 5 subunits of trucks and 400 recruits will return to you (build 1000 and 800 will return). The same right now happens with APC and buggies - you pay 300 recruits and 200 return. Although I am not sure if casualties calculations are taking this new value udner consideration (for negative happiness modifier).

mattpilot -> RE: Motorized vs Mechanized (11/13/2021 11:50:09 PM)

that is one weird mechanic .. i suppose it was not possible to just reduce the requirement as each 'unit' has a hardcoded requirement of 100 men ? hmm Either way, interesting and thanks for sharing. I think i will finally build some trucks :-D

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI