Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Erik Rutins -> Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/5/2021 4:15:06 PM)

Hi everyone,

Some of you may have played and enjoyed Gary Grigsby's A World Divided in past years.

https://www.matrixgames.com/game/gary-grigsbys-world-at-war-a-world-divided

It's a grand strategy title covering all of World War II, from Europe to the Pacific. We often heard it described as "Axis and Allies on steroids".

The good news for fans of this type of gameplay is that we have a new version of A World Divided which we're planning to re-launch on our store and perhaps some other platforms in the near future.

This new version includes full PBEM++ support for up to 5 player games(!) as well as support for high resolution screens and modern operating systems.

We're looking for wargamers to help us test out this new version in a roughly 4 week beta test before we proceed to the release. If you are willing and able, please sign up here and we'll get you on the team in the coming days:

AWD Beta Recruitment Application

ncc1701e -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/5/2021 5:03:00 PM)

This game is so good. I have played it countless hours. Nice to see it coming back with high resolution screens.
Count me in.

PS: Is your next secret project is a new version of WITP:AE to support high resolution screens and modern operating systems? [;)]

geforth -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/5/2021 6:16:15 PM)

nice to see that old games still getting love! :-)

ncc1701e -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/5/2021 8:23:26 PM)

I just restarted it for training. [sm=00000036.gif]

[image]local://upfiles/46661/5B3404E4D1354D9DBF28DC713D55B8C4.jpg[/image]

RangerJoe -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/5/2021 9:05:06 PM)

I received this message:

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to www1.matrixgames.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

This was on the "learn more" link:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/secure-connection-failed-firefox-did-not-connect?as=u&utm_source=inproduct

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/secure-connection-failed-firefox-did-not-connect?as=u&utm_source=inproduct

Erik Rutins -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/5/2021 9:49:03 PM)

Feel free to ignore that. It's a safe page it just isn't https://

RangerJoe -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/5/2021 10:26:01 PM)

I just thought that I would mention it.

budd -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/5/2021 10:54:29 PM)

Is it getting another zoom level?

jwarrenw13 -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/6/2021 12:02:36 AM)

It is a good game. How about doing Gary Grigsby's War Between the States next?

ncc1701e -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/6/2021 4:01:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: budd

Is it getting another zoom level?

I do hope so. Because increasing the resolution without changing the interface size will be a bit tiny to read.

Joel Billings -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/6/2021 5:06:16 PM)

This is what it looks like zoomed in set to 1920x1000 (you can set the resolution to whatever you like). I could only show about 1/2 of the screen due to the size limitation in this forum.

[image]local://upfiles/1268/F9D5B61D0BE84BBFA1AE21234282E9EF.jpg[/image]

Barthheart -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/6/2021 5:25:06 PM)

Great news! This is a great game when played with the full roster.
Haven't played in a few years, so looking forward to the re-release.

USSAmerica -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/6/2021 6:13:28 PM)

If I weren't preparing to move into a new house in 8 weeks.....

Joel, the zoomed in view looks awesome!

ncc1701e -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/6/2021 6:39:47 PM)

Looks good Joel. I like the details on the planes.

I am just surprised to see an USA carrier and USA carrier airgroup in the Scottish Sea in Summer 1939. And, there are USA infantry units in England. In the old version, there was a distinction between British and American ships, planes and land units. I hope it is still there.

I am a kind of Swordfish fanboy you know.

[image]local://upfiles/46661/28961BA90B9A42C7A4383162F42B43BA.jpg[/image]

Erik Rutins -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/7/2021 3:35:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

I received this message:

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected a potential security threat and did not continue to www1.matrixgames.com. If you visit this site, attackers could try to steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

The issue is most likely with the website, and there is nothing you can do to resolve it. You can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

This was on the "learn more" link:

Just a side note to say that our server administrator has now fixed this issue.

Erik Rutins -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/7/2021 3:40:13 PM)

Also, for those who may be interested, there is an ongoing 4 player AAR here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5082352&mpage=1&key=

ezzler -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/8/2021 12:30:41 PM)

The original had a bad flaw. The Axis could sit in Berlin and be impossible to beat. Even if the rest of the map was conquered, they still won.

martok -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/12/2021 11:18:53 PM)

Stupid question: How necessary is it to have played the original version?

I own the original WaW, but have admittedly barely played it. (No reason, honestly, I just never got around to it, sadly.)

Erik Rutins -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/12/2021 11:44:01 PM)

It is not necessary to have played the original to participate in the test. Also, we'll be adding in testers who have applied since this post and starting the actual testing tomorrow.

martok -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/14/2021 12:28:41 AM)

Cool, good to know. Maybe I'll have to sign up, then. Thanks, Erik!

stormbringer3 -> RE: Recruiting for Gary Grigsby's A World Divided Re-Master Beta Test (10/17/2021 9:13:39 PM)

Will there be any improvements to the original AI?
Thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI