Terrain / Weather Modifier? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

archmache -> Terrain / Weather Modifier? (10/24/2021 1:12:30 AM)

I looked through the manual and I could not figure out what effect terrain has on units?

Is there a table that shows what units are effected by what terrain? For example does tank on marsh differ than tank on frozen marsh vs tank on no marsh? Does it favor attack or defense etc.

I'm assuming this has been answered but I didn't know if there was a master list somewhere so I could figure out any combination. Also why do SB not effect the unit on the city?

Thanks

Elessar2 -> RE: Terrain / Weather Modifier? (10/24/2021 6:11:15 PM)

The strat bomber thing is because in vanilla they only have a base 10% chance of damaging the unit (plus a tech bonus of 10%). I've wished for years for a toggle to choose to hit the unit OR resource...

Weather in on P. 94 in the manual.

archmache -> RE: Terrain / Weather Modifier? (10/24/2021 8:15:02 PM)

I went back and checked the manual and it doesn't talk about the attack modifier for marshes anywhere?

Also I agree there should be a toggle on the SB like the carriers do to attack resource or just do a carpet bomb run.

Bavre -> RE: Terrain / Weather Modifier? (10/24/2021 8:45:32 PM)

Generally terrain effects depend on the attacker not the defender. You can see them by rightclick->properties. The table that you will see are the def boni any unit on that field gets vs that type of attacker. For example iirc forest gives tank 2, so anything in a forest gets +2 def vs tank.

The only other effect I know of is the seemingly undocumented 50% attack malus for attacking FROM a swamp hex:
Source https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5059488

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI