Airbase points calculation (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire

mroyer -> Airbase points calculation (10/27/2021 1:59:44 AM)

From Manual para 6.1.9 Airbases:
The needed number of Airbase Points needed is the sum of sqrt(size) of all
Air in the Hex.

Do you think this means:
points needed = Sqrt(size1 + size2 + ... + sizeN)
OR
points needed = Sqrt(size1) + Sqrt(size2) + ... + Sqrt(sizeN)

The results can be significantly different.
-Mark R.

Thomas8 -> RE: Airbase points calculation (10/27/2021 4:07:31 PM)

I assume that its first equation - thats how all bonuses work - first sum bonuses then do sqrt on result.

zgrssd -> RE: Airbase points calculation (10/27/2021 6:55:24 PM)

Option 1 has a lot of precedence (and thus pre-existing code) in the Bonus Points Calculations.

But I can not exclude it is the 2nd one.

mroyer -> RE: Airbase points calculation (10/27/2021 11:54:52 PM)

The first one would be a very weird model, physically speaking. Double the number of same-type of aircraft with only a 41% increase in airbase capacity requirement. Increase aircraft quantity 10-fold for only triple airbase capacity requirements. It gets increasingly distorted with more aircraft.

The second is also seems strange, but I can imagine someone concocting a good argument for it.

-Mark R.

zgrssd -> RE: Airbase points calculation (10/28/2021 1:20:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mroyer

The first one would be a very weird model, physically speaking. Double the number of same-type of aircraft with only a 41% increase in airbase capacity requirement. Increase aircraft quantity 10-fold for only triple airbase capacity requirements. It gets increasingly distorted with more aircraft.

The second is also seems strange, but I can imagine someone concocting a good argument for it.

-Mark R.

The 1st one does make sense. Consider that Fuel and Ammo stroage are part of the Formation/Unit, not part of the Airfield. That is the biggest linear increase gone.

And you need relatively little extra space (compared to a 200km Hex) for landing strips and hangars.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI