USS Langley AV-3 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding

SuluSea -> USS Langley AV-3 (11/3/2021 2:31:04 PM)

Folks I finally got around to making some changes to the Langley for my personal use.

I added a mast and made a couple alterations to the original.

Secondly I painted it in a Measure 12 modified scheme.

I may paint a couple different schemes as it gets further upgrades. If there's interest I'll be glad to upload it.

Obviously it's a what if because the lady was scuttled.

[image]local://upfiles/22935/3B2951090A694F27A39671A5AD7CEA67.jpg[/image]

btd64 -> RE: USS Langley AV-3 (11/3/2021 4:06:10 PM)

Looks great....GP

Kull -> RE: USS Langley AV-3 (11/3/2021 10:01:54 PM)

Agreed, very nice! Unfortunately AV Langley only has a single bmp file, even though it has a 12/41 data line and two upgrades. However, you can use a foldered system in order to show all the new shipsides (these two and as many others as you choose to create), and it can be completely independent of the upgrades so they can appear at any time you choose. As an example, look at the folder structure used in my PT Boat Art mod. Having it available in this format also makes it a snap for players to do the install.

SuluSea -> RE: USS Langley AV-3 (11/4/2021 2:38:02 AM)

Thanks guys!

I looked at your PT file you linked to Kull, great idea! Thank You!

I have lots of items taking my time for the next 10 days but will do some research and upload them when completed.

Have a great evening!

Platoonist -> RE: USS Langley AV-3 (11/4/2021 3:26:29 AM)

Sharp! [8D]

Moltrey -> RE: USS Langley AV-3 (11/7/2021 4:59:36 PM)

Nice addition SuluSea!
I like to encourage folks that take time to add to our stable of mods and stuff for WITP:AE. Can't have too many choices as far as I am concerned. Carry on Sir!

[sm=happy0065.gif]

John 3rd -> RE: USS Langley AV-3 (11/8/2021 10:01:12 PM)

Very pretty. Good to see you working on stuff Sir.

In Between the Storms, we have the Langley and Eli as CVEs. Might you be able to come up with something for them? It would be their, essentially, beginning forms...

SuluSea -> RE: USS Langley AV-3 (11/18/2021 12:01:23 PM)

Good Morning,

I was just tinkering around John, I'm involved in leadership at my church and spend a lot of time reading, studying history so much so I have little time to play the games that I enjoy.

I need to put this package together first as I finally had time to finish these but I will attempt in the coming weeks to make you something for the USS Langley.

[image]https://i.postimg.cc/Kjb2Wt1s/Finish2.jpg[/image]

RangerJoe -> RE: USS Langley AV-3 (11/18/2021 1:17:35 PM)

I wonder if it should be classified as an AKV with float and flying boat support. The deck is probably to short for normal CVE operations.

Kull -> RE: USS Langley AV-3 (11/18/2021 2:08:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

I wonder if it should be classified as an AKV with float and flying boat support. The deck is probably to short for normal CVE operations.

Yep, AKV is exactly what she was doing on her last mission (see attached). Even if you could launch planes from that deck, landing was probably out of the question.

[image]local://upfiles/25668/2132168D08514677B0CB7EFEF600965B.jpg[/image]

Q-Ball -> RE: USS Langley AV-3 (11/18/2021 3:07:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

quote:

Yep, AKV is exactly what she was doing on her last mission (see attached). Even if you could launch planes from that deck, landing was probably out of the question.

A member of my church (he died a couple years ago, but told me his stories before) barely missed shipping out with Langley on this final cruise.

He was a meteorologist, and was headed to the Phillipines on USS REPUBLIC on Dec 7th; she was part of the Pensacola Convoy

His group was routed to Australia. Half of them were detailed to Java, and went on USS Langley...most died.

He was in the other half....they were sent to Ceylon. He was later sent to Inner Mongolia of all places at a remote weather station....I had no idea there were any US soldiers out there, but there were!

RangerJoe -> RE: USS Langley AV-3 (11/20/2021 1:48:47 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Q-Ball

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kull

quote:

A member of my church (he died a couple years ago, but told me his stories before) barely missed shipping out with Langley on this final cruise.

He was a meteorologist, and was headed to the Phillipines on USS REPUBLIC on Dec 7th; she was part of the Pensacola Convoy

His group was routed to Australia. Half of them were detailed to Java, and went on USS Langley...most died.

He was in the other half....they were sent to Ceylon. He was later sent to Inner Mongolia of all places at a remote weather station....I had no idea there were any US soldiers out there, but there were!

WEB Griffith wrote a book with that weather station in there, he used US Marines along with naval personell.

GI Jive -> RE: USS Langley AV-3 (11/21/2021 3:14:09 PM)

Interesting post. Useful info on the Langley; also about the Mongolian weather station. There was a 1950s movie about the weather station crew called Destination Gobi.

SuluSea -> RE: USS Langley AV-3 (11/23/2021 1:26:05 AM)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7rvfzhilvg26iy/USSLangley.AV-3.zip?dl=0

Hopefully the link works, if anyone wants to host it no permission needed. Enjoy and many blessings to you all!

RangerJoe -> RE: USS Langley AV-3 (11/23/2021 1:45:52 AM)

Thank you, downloading now . . .

SuluSea -> RE: USS Langley AV-3 (11/24/2021 1:52:08 PM)

Hi John here's your BTS Langley.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7rvfzhilvg26iy/USSLangley.AV-3.zip?dl=0

[image]https://i.postimg.cc/Hxd2PMC4/BTSLangley.jpg[/image]

Many Blessings to you all this Thanksgiving!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI