Effects of bad wheather on ground combat (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

ninyure -> Effects of bad wheather on ground combat (11/10/2021 9:31:36 PM)

Does any one have a clue about how the game handles this?

The manual doesnt give any hint.

It's there any difference between attacking under thunderstorm conditions and under clear and sunny wheather?

thanks!

RangerJoe -> RE: Effects of bad wheather on ground combat (11/10/2021 11:27:59 PM)

Nomad -> RE: Effects of bad wheather on ground combat (11/10/2021 11:51:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

Yes, there are clues.

But then you are not asking about the effects on Land, Naval, and Air Combats . . . [8|]

Since the title of the thread is "Effects of bad wheather on ground combat" I would assume
that the OP wanted to know about the effects on ground combat.

To the OP, I have not noticed any, but to be honest I have not really worried about it.

geofflambert -> RE: Effects of bad wheather on ground combat (11/11/2021 12:48:42 AM)

I think you can take your clue from the fact that the air combat results tell you what the weather was in the hex when the combat occurred. The ground combat reports make no mention of weather.

Alfred -> RE: Effects of bad wheather on ground combat (11/11/2021 1:06:37 AM)

The OP doesn't distinguish between climate zones and weather.

Weather, as defined in s.12.1 of the manual, is not an input into the land combat algorithms described generally in s.8.4.2.1 of the manual.

Climate zones can have a restricted, yet significant impact on the state of the land combat forces prior to entering the land combat algorithms. Weather can have a significant impact on non land operations which in turn can ultimately indirectly shape the land battlefield.

Alfred

RangerJoe -> RE: Effects of bad wheather on ground combat (11/11/2021 1:09:37 AM)

ninyure -> RE: Effects of bad wheather on ground combat (11/12/2021 4:46:12 AM)

Thanks Alfred!! very precise answer. Lets battle under the storm then ;)

RangerJoe -> RE: Effects of bad wheather on ground combat (11/12/2021 9:34:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ninyure

But do not expect quality air support be it bombing the enemy, CAP, and/or supply drops. If you are hoping for Naval support, that can also be impacted by the weather as far as intercepting enemy bombardment missions, as well as your own bombardment missions.

As far as supply getting to your troops, in the MONSOON areas where there are frequent thunderstorms, supplies have a harder time getting to forward areas which can impact your units as well as the enemy units.

HansBolter -> RE: Effects of bad wheather on ground combat (11/12/2021 10:58:47 AM)

quote:

quote:

But do not expect quality air support be it bombing the enemy, CAP, and/or supply drops.

And if yours is the side without air superiority then attacking when your opponents air impact is lessened is the smart move.

The Chinese CRAVE poor weather.

Yaab -> RE: Effects of bad wheather on ground combat (11/12/2021 11:19:04 AM)

ninyure,weather has an indirect effect on experience gains in LCUs. Read this thread

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3026053&mpage=1&key=&

Alfred -> RE: Effects of bad wheather on ground combat (11/12/2021 12:14:49 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

ninyure,weather has an indirect effect on experience gains in LCUs. Read this thread

The linked thread does not support your assertion.

Alfred

Wirraway_Ace -> RE: Effects of bad wheather on ground combat (11/12/2021 3:24:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

quote:

But do not expect quality air support be it bombing the enemy, CAP, and/or supply drops.

And if yours is the side without air superiority then attacking when your opponents air impact is lessened is the smart move.

The Chinese CRAVE poor weather.

Very true.

ninyure -> RE: Effects of bad wheather on ground combat (11/18/2021 7:55:08 AM)

Very interesting, i would never have thought of air superiority having an effect on lcu experience gaining!

Alpha77 -> RE: Effects of bad wheather on ground combat (11/18/2021 8:39:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Yaab

I must say I really like your experiments, seems you are a lil WITPAE Sherlock Holmes: However if this was really integrated on purpose in the game then someone who programmed this had some deep thoughts..

But perhaps it is more coincidence [;)]

Yaab -> RE: Effects of bad wheather on ground combat (11/23/2021 6:36:04 AM)

Yep, you and Alfred may be right. It may be a coincidence. This whole thing needs testing.

BTW, in my recent playthrough, I parked 74th Corps one hex W of Hengyang once Hengyang had reached forts 3. It is a non-base hex which is not reconned by the Jap AI. As of 29 December 1941, 74th Corps reached exp 40.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI