England invades Iraq... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan

boldairade -> England invades Iraq... (11/12/2021 12:14:48 AM)

What are the consequences?

I have forces ready to go, but I've never tried it. Do other Vichy formations become Axis?

CHINCHIN -> RE: England invades Iraq... (11/12/2021 9:57:37 AM)

If I'm not wrong, there are no consequences.

YueJin -> RE: England invades Iraq... (11/12/2021 2:41:08 PM)

If you do it before the fall of France, Italy joins the Axis. In every game the Allies should take Persia and Iraq. It takes a single corps and gets two free VP. Not only that, but the Persia railroad can be used to ship resources to the USSR even if the Murmansk line is cut.

Harrybanana -> RE: England invades Iraq... (11/12/2021 11:31:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: YueJin

If you do it before the fall of France, Italy joins the Axis. In every game the Allies should take Persia and Iraq. It takes a single corps and gets two free VP. Not only that, but the Persia railroad can be used to ship resources to the USSR even if the Murmansk line is cut.

Yuejin, you messaged me this in our game; but I don't think it is true. At least I sure hope it is not. I am pretty sure that the Lendlease you are sending to Russia is going via Archansk and not via Persia (other than the 5 PP).

YueJin -> RE: England invades Iraq... (11/12/2021 11:48:58 PM)

It's 100% certain. The lend lease is going through Arkangelsk now but it was getting through in the winter when the port was frozen. On those turns you could see over 150 resources being transported in the Persian Gulf on the map. I didn't believe it myself but it's definite that US trade can go through Persia. I'll turn the North Sea route off next turn to screenshot it.

heliodorus04 -> RE: England invades Iraq... (11/14/2021 2:47:31 PM)

The AI for England needs to be improved heavily to defend
1) Cypress
2) Syria & Palestine ports
3) Iraq

The AI simply does not have any defensive sub-routine to protect anything east of Alexandria and as a result, the conquest of Iraq is easily accomplished by Italy or Germany (Italy is the superior conqueror for convoy reasons).

In addition, it squanders its submarines in the Mediterranean rather than using them against Libyan ports.

Harrybanana -> RE: England invades Iraq... (11/14/2021 6:56:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: YueJin

It's 100% certain. The lend lease is going through Arkangelsk now but it was getting through in the winter when the port was frozen. On those turns you could see over 150 resources being transported in the Persian Gulf on the map. I didn't believe it myself but it's definite that US trade can go through Persia. I'll turn the North Sea route off next turn to screenshot it.

Well there are several problems with this. The first is that other than the 5 automatic Lend Lease there should not be any Lend Lease through Persia. The second is that even if you could send Lend Lease via Persia, the most the US can send is 25% of its PPs which is only about 90 in early 42. The UK should not be able to send any as it doesn't have any MS left. The 3rd is that even if the US is able to send 150 of its PPs, you didn't have enough MS to carry 150 PP. So if this did in fact happen it is a major major bug that needs to be reported.

Harrybanana -> RE: England invades Iraq... (11/14/2021 7:25:43 PM)

I ran a test and you are correct. This is a huge bug I think. I will report it.

AstroBlues -> RE: England invades Iraq... (11/15/2021 12:36:13 PM)

There was Lend Lease going thru Persia and also Vladivostok,

Ron

Nirosi -> RE: England invades Iraq... (11/15/2021 12:57:39 PM)

quote:

There was Lend Lease going thru Persia and also Vladivostok,

Yes, but both are already factored-in in the game as separate events giving extra ressources (or PPs?).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI