RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

MPHopcroft1 -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (11/24/2021 2:42:26 AM)

First let me say that I am happy you replied.

I am apparently scheduled to play hawker44721 as my first foe, and I wanted to get something up[, but getting a PM to them to set up times for our first turns is something I haven't been able to do yet. I'm going to try again tonight, if I can figure out how to address a mail in this unfamiliar interface.

El_Condoro -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (11/24/2021 5:52:28 AM)

When you're in the PBEM++ screen, you'll see the Tournament button in the bootom right. Click it and you should see your games with one ready to go for you.

Hubert Cater -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (11/24/2021 12:54:51 PM)

Correct, there is no need to coordinate unless you really wanted to, e.g. you can play your turns whenever you are ready as it is all turn based and your opponent will simply send back their turns after they have had a chance to play on their end.

Enabran -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (11/24/2021 8:24:36 PM)

Unfortunately i get this Error as reported by others before:

"CRC32-Measures don't match 1944 D-Day to Berlin.cgn" when i try to download my oponents turn. Just was able to do my Turn in the mirror match.

Just started today and my opponent made his turn yesterday..so that was already after the patch?

WHat to do?

Hubert Cater -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (11/24/2021 9:26:55 PM)

If you are playing the Matrix version of the game, you just need to re-download and apply the patch again. It is this hotfix version below and that should resolve the issue for you. If not, let us know.

DOWNLOAD

Enabran -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (11/25/2021 7:33:47 AM)

I use the Steam Version.

So far i tried the verify files option. Usually i have no problems playing PBEM Games.

Hubert Cater -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (11/25/2021 12:56:05 PM)

Hi Enabran,

I've found your challenge on the server and it is an issue on our end. I've put in a request for the fix to your challenge and will let you know as soon as it has been adjusted.

Once it has you should be able to play right away after that without anything further to do on your end.

Sorry about the temporary inconvenience on this,
Hubert

Enabran -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (11/25/2021 2:49:00 PM)

Thank you very much Hubert.

Kuebelwagen -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (11/25/2021 3:03:31 PM)

It seems my opponent don't make any move on his side... I played the first turn two days ago and nothing happended since then... What can i do for now? I need to wait over a month for the next round? :-(

Enabran -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (11/25/2021 4:03:59 PM)

Maybe your opponent has the "CRC32-Measures" problem as well

Duedman -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (11/25/2021 4:09:37 PM)

I also got the problem that the opponent does nothing anymore :(
He did the first turn while I was still having the CRC issue. But nothing since.

Is there a turn timer or something like that?
I mean in 1944 as Axis it would be "smart" to just not play at all?
So you technically end the game with Berlin and Paris still in your hand...

Hubert Cater -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (11/25/2021 4:16:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Enabran

Thank you very much Hubert.

Please try now, this issue should be fixed now for you

Hubert Cater -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (11/25/2021 4:19:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Duedman

I also got the problem that the opponent does nothing anymore :(
He did the first turn while I was still having the CRC issue. But nothing since.

Is there a turn timer or something like that?
I mean in 1944 as Axis it would be "smart" to just not play at all?
So you technically end the game with Berlin and Paris still in your hand...

All CRC issues should now be resolved, it looks like we missed just the one player there, e.g. Enabran.

There is indeed a turn timer, and if a player sits on their position and stops returning turns they will either get a 0 score or a very very low score, e.g. could be as low as a 10 or something similar.

Kuebelwagen -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (11/26/2021 4:50:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

There is indeed a turn timer, and if a player sits on their position and stops returning turns they will either get a 0 score or a very very low score, e.g. could be as low as a 10 or something similar.

Seems lojishen is still inactive :-( ... will such those players be kicked after a round without any move?

Hubert Cater -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (11/26/2021 6:36:44 PM)

Sorry to hear this, and yes as far as I understand how the server would handle this, they would be removed after a round of inactivity.

El_Condoro -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (11/27/2021 1:42:14 AM)

How are points awarded? Is it units destroyed, locations taken, something else? I am just curious about what is important and what is not from a points-on-the-ladder perspective.

BillRunacre -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (11/27/2021 3:53:27 PM)

Points come from a combination of factors:

1) Victory Conditions - Map situation is in effect right from the get go, e.g. current victory conditions are weighed into the score, and of course victory conditions change from the start of the campaign to the finish.

CAMPAIGN SCORING (VICTORY CONDITIONS)
100 DECISIVE
80 MAJOR
70 MINOR
60 TACTICAL
50 STALEMATE

2) Kills Ratio - The strength point losses in MPPs you inflict on your opponent relative to the strength point losses in MPPs he inflicts upon you.

3) National Morale Ratio - National Morale of all your major nations on your side, including those that have surrendered (those that have surrendered will have 0 NM applied to the formula) relative to 100% will factor in to the score

4) MPP Growth - Current total MPPs relative to your at start home MPPs for all major nations on your side will factor into the score as well, e.g. if you are expanding and your opponent is contracting, you are doing better with this factor than he will be etc.

The major portion is the current victory conditions, e.g. item 1), while items 2) to 4) will push that score a bit higher or lower depending on how you are doing.

Scores are relative to 100 points, and if you are in a DECISIVE VICTORY position which equals 100 Victory points, then you can certainly push higher than 100 points if you are also doing very well in the other categories, or push a bit lower if you did not do so well and paid a heavy toll to get there. Doing well also generally means your score is pushed higher while your opponents score is pushed lower, and vice versa.

El_Condoro -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (11/27/2021 7:35:46 PM)

Thank you - that helps my understanding a lot.

Luke Huston -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (12/2/2021 11:03:42 AM)

What happens if my opponent decides to stop playing one or both games?

Hubert Cater -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (12/2/2021 1:16:41 PM)

They get penalized (heavily) and are most likely kicked from the tournament for the next round.

AshFall -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (12/2/2021 2:40:57 PM)

In light of the above I just wanted to post a little heads up regarding game pacing for the two upcoming rounds (1942 scenario and 39 scenario).

A year in game is about 18 turns per player.

If you start out with a baseline that the games you play will be fairly even and go the distance to 45 or even beyond (worth playing for a victory condition reduction in the face of adversity in a tournament) each player will have to do at least 2 turns, probably 3 per day during the 42 scenario. 18*3.5*2/42=3 for a full 45' instead of just summer 45.

In the 39 scenario this means 18*6*2/42=5.14, 5 turns per day to reach september 1945, 6 turns per day to reach september 46.

While it may become apparent sooner that the game will be over before then, front loading your games by doing as many turns as you can at the start will help a lot in avoiding total overload if the game goes the distance.

It may be reasonable to extend the third round if possible, I personally wont be able to do 5-6 turns per day unfortunately.

Duedman -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (12/3/2021 4:09:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AshFall

In the 39 scenario this means 18*6*2/42=5.14, 5 turns per day to reach september 1945, 6 turns per day to reach september 46.

I'm also interested whether this is going to be extended. 42 days is impossible imho.
Timeframe for 1942 Scenario is tight already since turns can already take up to an hour.

Will952 -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (12/3/2021 6:28:40 PM)

quote:

Tournament organisers should really take a look at this. 5-6 turns a day just isn't going to happen for the vast majority of people, after accounting for jobs, families, timezones etc. When the game gets to 1942 and beyond, I can take up to an hour playing a single turn, 6 hours a day would be crazy!

Could it be made so we can start the 1942 campaigns straight away/as soon as we finish the 1944 campaigns? Otherwise there are going to be a lot of games ending up half finished...

El_Condoro -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (12/4/2021 8:52:41 PM)

On a different issue: it's probably too late to implement but for future tournaments, can the win categories be replaced by turns taken to win? In the 1944 scenario, the Germans will lose (in almost all cases) but the categories are too broad to replicate the achievement of lasting an extra month or two as the Germans.

archmache -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (12/7/2021 6:34:22 PM)

My opponent has not done his turn yet. Is there a way to contact him (PORCMAN)? I tried on the PM but it said he either "didn't exist or doesn't allow PM"

I figured maybe since its the holidays he might be busy but its been about 3 weeks.

Duedman -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (12/7/2021 6:50:57 PM)

I'd also like to know if one can contact the player. He played the first allied turn and never came back :(

To take the "Turns taken to win" into consideration in the future seems to be a good idea to me.

Hubert Cater -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (12/8/2021 1:37:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Will952

quote:

Tournament organisers should really take a look at this. 5-6 turns a day just isn't going to happen for the vast majority of people, after accounting for jobs, families, timezones etc. When the game gets to 1942 and beyond, I can take up to an hour playing a single turn, 6 hours a day would be crazy!

Could it be made so we can start the 1942 campaigns straight away/as soon as we finish the 1944 campaigns? Otherwise there are going to be a lot of games ending up half finished...

As far as I know the round lengths cannot be changed once set for the tournament, but I'll see what I can find out and especially for the later rounds as I can certainly see how it would be nice to have a bit more time there for sure.

Hubert Cater -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (12/8/2021 1:40:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: El_Condoro

On a different issue: it's probably too late to implement but for future tournaments, can the win categories be replaced by turns taken to win? In the 1944 scenario, the Germans will lose (in almost all cases) but the categories are too broad to replicate the achievement of lasting an extra month or two as the Germans.

Thanks for the feedback and we can certainly look into adding a multiplier to the final scoring that would take into account the turns taken to win.

Hubert Cater -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (12/8/2021 1:42:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: archmache

My opponent has not done his turn yet. Is there a way to contact him (PORCMAN)? I tried on the PM but it said he either "didn't exist or doesn't allow PM"

I figured maybe since its the holidays he might be busy but its been about 3 weeks.

Sorry to hear this and for anyone else that has not heard from their opponents. Outside of using the PM system I don't believe there is any other way to contact your opponent.

What I can add though is that Matrix did send out reminder emails to hopefully nudge those that have not yet played their turn and this did seem to help in some cases, but unfortunately not all.

Duedman -> RE: “World Divided” a brand new tournament for Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe is about to begin. (1/6/2022 7:24:16 PM)

Do the matches need to be played out completely for the scoreboard? Or can you give up if you think its lost?

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI