Another quirk on Artic Ocean coast supply (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Tech Support

tfclarinet -> Another quirk on Artic Ocean coast supply (11/16/2021 5:31:09 PM)

Since my previous post worked, let me also share this one from the same game. Why are the Finnish SKI units on the coast not in supply? Ge has a captured CP in 0 Box and I thought it would trace supply via Finland port?:

[image]local://upfiles/22113/8FB54430B4F741D8B8D44BB9233988A1.jpg[/image]

paulderynck -> RE: Another quirk on Artic Ocean coast supply (11/16/2021 7:02:35 PM)

Not without a secondary supply source. To trace RR supply, you must trace to a secondary source (an HQ in this case) first.

Centuur -> RE: Another quirk on Artic Ocean coast supply (11/16/2021 9:43:04 PM)

It's raining, so the supply path is only 2 hexes.

Joseignacio -> RE: Another quirk on Artic Ocean coast supply (11/20/2021 9:29:25 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Not without a secondary supply source. To trace RR supply, you must trace to a secondary source (an HQ in this case) first.

Is it so? Supply arrives through the rail and port to the sea and the units are in a coastal hex.

Courtenay -> RE: Another quirk on Artic Ocean coast supply (11/20/2021 3:18:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

Is it so? Supply arrives through the rail and port to the sea and the units are in a coastal hex.

It is so.

For sea supply to work must be a primary or secondary source that can be traced from the port to. Usually this does not affect things, as all major powers have port cities on their coasts, which are primary sources of supply. This often trips people up on the Black Sea, where Bucharest is one hex inland. This puts German and Rumanian troops on the Black Sea coast out of supply when the weather turns to rain, if there are no Axis HQs on the coast. The Arctic is another example.

Joseignacio -> RE: Another quirk on Artic Ocean coast supply (11/20/2021 8:03:02 PM)

ok

I was taught wrong some supply rules 20-25 years ago and they still haunt me.

I believe I had a similar case here or in another similar wif site and I fell in the same mistake, now that I make memory. That must be why now I wasnt so sure.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI