Operation Vantage, 1961 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

HalfLifeExpert -> Operation Vantage, 1961 (11/17/2021 2:51:51 AM)

Yesterday I finally got around to playing this official scenario. I really enjoyed it, but I think it could a little bit of modernization.

Firstly, since Cargo ops are now integral to Command, implementing them as part of the British objectives would be a nice addition, with needing to land reinforcements in Kuwait from HMS Bulwark and the 3 LSTs.

Second, Perhaps some Iraqi MiG 15s/17s could be added into the fight to increase the challenge a little bit.

Third, the Iraqi Patrol boats seem to just kind of sit in the gulf, I don't know if this is intentional or not, but having them attempt to make an attack on the existing Kuwait anchorage would be nice.

Finally, the Soviets. Their presence is most welcome (especially since they have the only SAMs that could threaten the player), but aside from the two submarines, they also sit tight. I also found it a little odd that their presence isn't addressed in the briefing.

I had the two subs trail one of my Carrier groups on the surface, but no clear path for them to intervene. I thoroughly thrashed the Iraqis, while taking only some losses (Mostly carelessly to AAA on my part).

Briefing only mentions defending Kuwait, perhaps the orders should include strikes on facilities in Southern Iraq in response to Iraqi forces crossing the border.

CommandPB -> RE: Operation Vantage, 1961 (11/17/2021 4:35:00 AM)

Hi

Thanks for the comments, this was one of my first scenarios for Command, I'll give it a look over and see what I can do

HalfLifeExpert -> RE: Operation Vantage, 1961 (11/17/2021 6:45:41 PM)

Thank you for considering my thoughts on this!

I've found myself really enjoying using early-mid Cold War UK Strike Carrier forces, they're underrepresented in the existing scenarios (official and community) in my opinion. A fun alternative to US Flattops.

In this scenario I particularly enjoyed scrambling strike aircraft for Interdiction and Close Air Support against the Iraqi armored formations bearing down on my defense line.

Jorm -> RE: Operation Vantage, 1961 (11/22/2021 8:36:53 PM)

I still play this scenario and as you say enjoy using the Cold War UK CV's and a/c
Be great if this one is updated
Im just getting back into the game after years away and this scenario is always a go to for me.

I did some work on a Aden, Yemen civil war scenario if its still in the community scenario pack, it had a couple of RN CV's in Aden in 1965.

cheers

CommandPB -> RE: Operation Vantage, 1961 (11/23/2021 8:14:45 AM)

Hi guys
This scenario is being given a complete refit, ie LCVP cargo drops, LST Docking, Para drops etc

Para87 -> RE: Operation Vantage, 1961 (11/23/2021 10:24:08 AM)

Looking forward to it. Always prefer earlier cold war scenarios.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI