U.S.A. to co-host the Cricket T20 World Cup in 2024 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Neilster -> U.S.A. to co-host the Cricket T20 World Cup in 2024 (11/17/2021 10:37:12 PM)

The 2024 T20 Cricket World Cup will be held in the U.S.A. and the Caribbean in 2024. T20 is the fast, 20 overs per side form of the game where games are completed in a few hours. Personally I prefer the longer forms of cricket but T20 is wildly popular and helps attract new fans, so...cool.

Speaking of which, Australia won the T20 World Cup the other day. We defeated the always tough New Zealand in the final after coming into the tournament having lost our last five series and unfavoured. I knew we had the talent. They just had to put it together. Actually, the semi-final against Pakistan was a better win, as we were in massive trouble before our batsmen went berserk. Matthew Wade, from Hobart (here) hit three sixes in a row to win the game.

Here are some brief highlights of the final in Dubai. It's the second video. T20 features plenty of big hitting.

https://www.t20worldcup.com/

altipueri -> RE: U.S.A. to co-host the Cricket T20 World Cup in 2024 (11/17/2021 10:55:28 PM)

I was in Hobart, Tasmania in 1975 and campaigned for both parties in the general election.

But I never thought the USA could host a cricket competition.

I am short sighted.

:)

Neilster -> RE: U.S.A. to co-host the Cricket T20 World Cup in 2024 (11/17/2021 11:05:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: altipueri

I was in Hobart, Tasmania in 1975 and campaigned for both parties in the general election.

I am short sighted.

I think you'll find it's changed a bit since then. You can't move for gastro-pubs, coffee shops and restaurants of every description.

Having some of the T20 WC in the US is good for the game. The quicker games will be more to Americans' taste and hosting a sporting event always generates some local interest. Having the last one in the Middle East has really grown cricket there.

RangerJoe -> RE: U.S.A. to co-host the Cricket T20 World Cup in 2024 (11/18/2021 12:37:27 AM)

Interesting . . .

Lobster -> RE: U.S.A. to co-host the Cricket T20 World Cup in 2024 (11/18/2021 1:32:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: altipueri

I am short sighted.

That makes two of us. Seems T20 is a more TV friendly format.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI