PBEM ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive

bluescreen -> PBEM ? (11/18/2021 7:03:41 PM)

How do i open a new PBEM game?

Thx

Jagger2002 -> RE: PBEM ? (11/18/2021 7:40:30 PM)

Good question. It is clearly designed for PBEM play but I don't see how to set up for a PBEM game.

Jagger2002 -> RE: PBEM ? (11/18/2021 7:41:58 PM)

I think you trade emails with turn attachements...I think. Anybody know?

gwgardner -> RE: PBEM ? (11/18/2021 8:02:01 PM)

Check the PBEM checkbox in the startup menu.

Files sent back and forth by the player, by email, dropbox, etc, see section 3.3 in the manual:

Save+Quit
If you are playing a PBEM game this option will show up as well.
Instead of logging in to your opponent’s turn you’ll save the game at
this point and email the save file to your opponent.

eddieballgame -> RE: PBEM ? (11/18/2021 8:02:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jagger2002

I think you trade emails with turn attachements...I think. Anybody know?

This appears to be the way, BUT...make sure to set both sides to Human.[:)]

bluescreen -> RE: PBEM ? (11/18/2021 8:07:59 PM)

i have to email it by myself? babarossa hat an ingame option for that, if i remember correctly. i mean... its 2021...

eddieballgame -> RE: PBEM ? (11/18/2021 8:19:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bluescreen

i have to email it by myself? babarossa hat an ingame option for that, if i remember correctly. i mean... its 2021...

This works like Shadow Empire, very easy to do...though some might not think so.[:)]
Some like using a 'drop box', but my preference has always been direct email in my Shadow Empire encounters.
An example of saving a file to assist in a 'pbem' game is to save the file, (for example in my SE games) as follows; _pbem_r# the underscore will move the file to the top of the save list for easy locating.

Vic -> RE: PBEM ? (11/18/2021 9:09:22 PM)

quote:

Yes touché. But the upside is you can easily go back a few turns if you want too and there is never a server issue.

best wishes,
Vic

Capt Cliff -> RE: PBEM ? (11/18/2021 9:28:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

quote:

Yes touché. But the upside is you can easily go back a few turns if you want too and there is never a server issue.

best wishes,
Vic

So no hot seat game play??

bluescreen -> RE: PBEM ? (11/18/2021 9:32:14 PM)

so no server plans for the future vic?

eddieballgame -> RE: PBEM ? (11/18/2021 11:56:53 PM)

quote:

quote:

best wishes,
Vic

THIS...

eddieballgame -> RE: PBEM ? (11/18/2021 11:58:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt Cliff

quote:

quote:

best wishes,
Vic

So no hot seat game play??

Per 'hotseat', simply set both sides to Human.
One could even try this using a program like Team Viewer to play 'hotseat' online.

devoncop -> RE: PBEM ? (11/19/2021 6:28:46 AM)

The fact that it is not integrated into the excellent PBEM++ system is a big disappointment for me personally, though I realise that for a lot of folk they are happy to exchange files in the old way.

I will pass on this one as I think the game looks to shine in MP.

Best of luck with it anyway.

bluescreen -> RE: PBEM ? (11/19/2021 6:49:36 AM)

i also expected PBEM++ and think this is a step backwards.

livipajo -> RE: PBEM ? (11/19/2021 3:12:28 PM)

i also expected PBEM++ and think this is a step backwards.
+1 for me too is a great step backwards.I hope some day the PBEM++ can adds to this game

eddieballgame -> RE: PBEM ? (11/19/2021 5:03:30 PM)

Without sounding like a 'fan boy', I must quibble with the comments about the implementation of how 'pbem' games are handled per DCAO...is a "step backwards".
I have played many games using the 'PBEM++' & find it a superb format for online gaming.
However, there can be issues per logging in & servers being wonky on occasion.
Using the current method of direct email or using a 'drop box', if so desired, is not a step backwards...imho.
This method works just fine & I have never had any issues sending & receiving turns...minus sending the wrong file. [:)]

falco148 -> RE: PBEM ? (11/19/2021 5:51:27 PM)

My God....are we still living in the 90's here? Cant believe there is no dedicated server for MP games.

Just bought this and I thought it would have full MP support like the last half dozen or so so games I have purchased from Matrix
over the past decade or so.

HUGE disappointment.

FelixCulpa -> RE: PBEM ? (11/25/2021 4:18:52 AM)

Been playing JTS Pzr Camp games for years using Dropbox or email. It is no big deal.
Dedicated server is nice but does have issues at times.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI