RE: Unit/OOB naming & labeling (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Unit/OOB naming & labeling (12/8/2021 4:40:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Khanti

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

quote:

Well, that will be a lot of work but
you can at lest remove 1st, 2nd etc numbers from German units and put those DOTS there like 1. Regiment, 2. Regiment with spaces between dot and name ;-)

I also tend to add numbers to battalions in same regiment as I don't like different units with the same names, but that's different story

I'll try to have the German-US military glossary/dictionary ready by the 16th. The day, I do kid you not, I'll yet again be in uniform, but not for Wacht am Rhein; COVID19 support with the Army Reserves.

Klink, Oberst

16th December? Wow, that short time waiting for it

I thought I'd have more time; but because the covid19 situ, it's yet another call. I'll have my laptop with me tough. I try my best to fix a PDF with the abbreviations I used in my localized trooptype library etc.

Klink, Oberst

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Unit/OOB naming & labeling (12/8/2021 4:41:46 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

quote:

Well, that will be a lot of work but
you can at lest remove 1st, 2nd etc numbers from German units and put those DOTS there like 1. Regiment, 2. Regiment with spaces between dot and name ;-)

I also tend to add numbers to battalions in same regiment as I don't like different units with the same names, but that's different story

I'll try to have the German-US military glossary/dictionary ready by the 16th. The day, I do kid you not, I'll yet again be in uniform, but not for Wacht am Rhein; COVID19 support with the Army Reserves.

Klink, Oberst

16th December? Wow, that short time waiting for it

I'll try my best, Kapitan Kloss ;)

Klink, Oberst

Khanti -> RE: Unit/OOB naming & labeling (12/8/2021 5:14:11 PM)

[:)][;)]

PS: about recce values in v100_05

Some recon values now are +5, some still missing
sdkfz222 6
sdkfz232 6
Pumas 6
Kubelwagen 0
M8 Captured 1
BMW 0
jeep 0
etc

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Unit/OOB naming & labeling (12/8/2021 5:20:48 PM)

quote:

[:)][;)]

PS: about recce values in v100_05

Some recon values now are +5, some still missing
sdkfz222 6
sdkfz232 6
Pumas 6
Kubelwagen 0
M8 Captured 1
BMW 0
jeep 0
etc

I'd add reece values for the motorcycle, jeep | Kübelwagen, M8 and British Humber armoured car, too.

Still experimenting with it, until Vic provides us with some sorta formula what the values do.

Klink, Oberst

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Unit/OOB naming & labeling (12/8/2021 5:21:32 PM)

I'd add reece values for the motorcycle, jeep | Kübelwagen, M8 and British Humber armoured car, too.

Still experimenting with it, until Vic provides us with some sorta formula what the values do.

Klink, Oberst

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Unit/OOB naming & labeling (12/8/2021 5:24:01 PM)

Klink, Oberst

nikdav -> RE: Unit/OOB naming & labeling (12/8/2021 7:44:04 PM)

The standard recon value is 1, so adding 5 or 10 is already a big step !
I think Yes for all armored cars, bmw75 and sdkfz250 , but no for jeep and kubel, too many units had jeep or kubelwagen !

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Unit/OOB naming & labeling (12/8/2021 8:11:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: nikdav

The standard recon value is 1, so adding 5 or 10 is already a big step !
I think Yes for all armored cars, bmw75 and sdkfz250 , but no for jeep and kubel, too many units had jeep or kubelwagen !

OK, but for the Greif jeeps for sure.🤓

Klink, Oberst

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Unit/OOB naming & labeling (12/8/2021 8:11:51 PM)

OK, but for the Greif jeeps for sure.🤓

Klink, Oberst

Gettysburg -> RE: Unit/OOB naming & labeling (12/8/2021 9:53:40 PM)

Oberst Klink,i wish you nice service days. I am in the army reserves to.

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Unit/OOB naming & labeling (12/13/2021 4:38:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gettysburg

Oberst Klink,i wish you nice service days. I am in the army reserves to.

I'll report back on Null-Tag, 16.12.🤣 Neustadt a.d.Aisch, CTT. I hope I can manage to publish the draft of my proposed German-English military glossary. Still tweaking some stuff, e.g. OOB, TO&E. Drop me an email to stay in touch. I met quite a few of my Social Media contacts from the Reserves IRL. A small world it is.

Klink, Oberst

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI