Supply Suggestions for China-Japan scenario (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific

BigBog -> Supply Suggestions for China-Japan scenario (11/24/2021 11:04:35 PM)

Does anyone have any suggestions to keep supply at the best levels in the first scenario CHN vs Japan? As japan I get down around Nanking and it is late '38 (winter)- early '39 and the weather turns bad, supply goes basic/Port supply, no reinforcements for several months it seems. I pulled back and regrouped, regained strength and then weather in Mar '39 turned bad again and not able to get to Shanghai to break the garrisoned unit there. Also, tried to land forces near Shanghai, but seems that none of the hexes are eligible to unload?

Units all over the map go in and out of supply due to weather, partisans, etc --most of which I can't figure out why, since there are rail connections coming in from other ports.

Some ports that have been captured have a big exclamation point on them--do I have to have a unit there all the time as garrison even though in the rear areas?

Any suggestions would be appreciated as I am ready to punt my attempt at this scenario.

Thanks and Happy Holiday!

BigBog

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Supply Suggestions for China-Japan scenario (11/25/2021 2:15:59 PM)

Post a wide screen shot of your situation.

BigBog -> RE: Supply Suggestions for China-Japan scenario (11/25/2021 10:56:50 PM)

Hi Alvaro,
Thanks for responding!

I tried to attach pics of the situation but they were too large to upload--only 406k each, but no go--

I have resolved the situation, however. I figured out after reading the manual on supply and understanding how the port size provides port supply (and thus no reinforcements are given), vs. main supply routes. In Ocr '38 I was stymied by supply and after pulling back, gaining reinforcements I then launched a successful go and was able to get my armor and mech inf in there with higher odds to take out the post garrisons. I also split my TF into 3 parts and blockaded the ports to assure no resupply after surrounding them on land--

All good now!--I did learn something so ready to go onto larger scenarios and the full Pacific campaigns.

Excellent game--I love the scope of it.

BigBog

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Supply Suggestions for China-Japan scenario (11/26/2021 4:00:52 AM)

Welcome. Post a review on Steam. It always helps me.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI