Missing in action (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

CyrusSpitama -> Missing in action (11/28/2021 5:24:33 PM)

I loved playing this game despite its heavy usage of real world time :) So glad to finally own my own copy. You see, a friend had given me his copy years back. He bought and played it very briefly then decided it wasn't for him. He gave me full use of his copy although I could not register it under my name. Well, in those intervening years my friend and I lost touch and don't really speak anymore. In the last two years I missed my game here but, 80 bucks was just a little steep for me considering other budget issues due to the covid shutdowns. Well, thanks to the Black Friday sale I now have my own copy and managed to install the game plus Tracker without major issues. Tracker itself was a problem but, a little persistence and reading fixed that :) HELLO EVERYBODY. I was not well known but, glad to be back in the community.

CyrusSpitama -> RE: Missing in action (11/28/2021 5:29:06 PM)

I have the base game and will be seeking the updated maps. I believe chemkid map's were the ones I used. Any issues with the base game and his maps these days?

Platoonist -> RE: Missing in action (11/28/2021 5:46:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CyrusSpitama

Any issues with the base game and his maps these days?

There should be none. You just replace the game's stock map panel bitmaps with his in the ART folder. I'd probably stay away from the extended maps for now.

CyrusSpitama -> RE: Missing in action (11/28/2021 5:50:02 PM)

Thanks for the quick reply. I have a lot of reading to do to catch up to what I should do before diving into the game. I see there is a post for updated base game game maps as well. From what I am reading its not really any additional art. it is mostly just map fixes. Anyone know if the chemkid maps will play nicely with these fixes or are they sharing the same files and hence not compatible? P.S. I was a big fan of the Reluctant Admiral mod. Last I recall it did use the extended maps. A problem for another time though.

btd64 -> RE: Missing in action (11/28/2021 5:53:30 PM)

Welcome back....GP

Platoonist -> RE: Missing in action (11/28/2021 6:12:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CyrusSpitama
Anyone know if the chemkid maps will play nicely with these fixes or are they sharing the same files and hence not compatible?

The maps are just art. Even if they were not 100% in agreement with the underlying hex code they wouldn't cause the game to crash or freeze or anything like that.

Have fun. [8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI