Luftlotte 2 Missing in Action (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> The War Room

billrco -> Luftlotte 2 Missing in Action (12/3/2021 8:59:06 PM)

Being in the Air Planning stage of turn 25 (Dec. 7, 1941) as the Axis, I see that Luftlotte 2 is gone and missing from the map and also the order of battle. I was using one of its Fliegercorps to support the 4th Panzer Army in Army Group North. That Fligercorps is now is in Luftlotte 1. However, the other Fliegercorps in Luftlotte 2 is missing. What happened? Could I have triggered something? Or is this a scripted occurence?

AlbertN -> RE: Luftlotte 2 Missing in Action (12/3/2021 10:52:39 PM)

Scripted occurrence I fear.
Not sure if it can be altered in the Transfers - to keep AoGs of the size of the Luftflotte 2 to the East.
For 'organization' sake of the Air Directive it would just be easier if they were retained in the East and renamed. I find the AoG moving around pretty constraining and clumsy especially as the sections linger around.

billrco -> RE: Luftlotte 2 Missing in Action (12/13/2021 6:26:54 PM)

I realize now this is scripted. I see in the events on turn 26 (U.S. entry) that air requirements in other theaters increase. I should read the events more thoroughly, but a pop-up message would have been nice. This seems very sudden as there were no U.S. air units yet in Europe.

Jango32 -> RE: Luftlotte 2 Missing in Action (12/13/2021 6:41:35 PM)

Luftflotte 2 had been ordered in mid autumn to withdraw into Italy.

Denniss -> RE: Luftlotte 2 Missing in Action (12/13/2021 8:07:00 PM)

AFAIR II Fliegerkorps transfers to Italy mid November, Luftflotte 2 a week or so later

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI