Open Beta GOG - No valid serial found (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Shadow Empire MATRIX VERSION Open Beta

Th30n -> Open Beta GOG - No valid serial found (12/9/2021 7:06:29 AM)

Hey Vic,

I know you are busy, and it is stated that open beta works only with Matrix version, but I'm still reporting the error on GOG version for future reference.

I've applied the open beta v1.10.04 over the GOG v1.09. After launching the game, and getting to the menu I get the following fatal error
"No valid serial found. VR Designs error-code: 22. Please go to matrixgames helpdesk if you need assistance"

Anyone knows if there's a way to get the GOG version running with open beta?

eddieballgame -> RE: Open Beta GOG - No valid serial found (12/10/2021 12:24:03 AM)

I own the GOG version as well...support & all.
I have not used the GOG version, but if I was to apply the latest beta patch to it...I would do it 'by hand'.
In other words, I would apply all the beta files individually/manually.
No idea if this would make a difference, but worth a shot.

Don_Kiyote -> RE: Open Beta GOG - No valid serial found (12/12/2021 9:25:12 AM)

afaik, short of full on hacking, the beta (as downloaded from here) will not work with the GOG version as of this date, full stop.

Patience.

zgrssd -> RE: Open Beta GOG - No valid serial found (12/13/2021 12:32:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Th30n

Hey Vic,

I know you are busy, and it is stated that open beta works only with Matrix version, but I'm still reporting the error on GOG version for future reference.

I've applied the open beta v1.10.04 over the GOG v1.09. After launching the game, and getting to the menu I get the following fatal error
"No valid serial found. VR Designs error-code: 22. Please go to matrixgames helpdesk if you need assistance"

Anyone knows if there's a way to get the GOG version running with open beta?

For GoG he had to remove the Serial Check. So the executeable is fundamentally different.

If you install a non-gog executeable over the gog version, that one will look for the Key. And find nothing.

eddieballgame -> RE: Open Beta GOG - No valid serial found (12/13/2021 6:47:16 PM)

I am wondering if applying all the 'beta files' minus the 'exe' file, will still allow for many of the updates to work.

zgrssd -> RE: Open Beta GOG - No valid serial found (12/13/2021 10:30:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: eddieballgame

I am wondering if applying all the 'beta files' minus the 'exe' file, will still allow for many of the updates to work.

You can certainly try.

But it is likely the actuall code is in any of the .dll files.
Or that the old .exe can not read the updated Scenario File.
Either way, you will not be able to make usefull bug reports due to the frankenstein nature of your game installation.

eddieballgame -> RE: Open Beta GOG - No valid serial found (12/14/2021 5:15:45 PM)

I tested it & using the 'frankestein' method of, simply, copying & pasting & I was able to play the GOG version.
The only file I did not swap out was the 'exe' file & there were no '.dll' files.
Of course, the version still showed 1.09, so not sure how much of the 'beta' is actually being implemented. (too lazy to check on that)
Agreed on this method not being useful per 'bug reporting', but for a GOG user wanting to attempt to use some of the new stuff per the beta...maybe this could help.
Another reason to buy on Matrix/Slitherine. [:)]

Don_Kiyote -> RE: Open Beta GOG - No valid serial found (12/17/2021 3:07:42 AM)

quote:

not sure how much of the 'beta' is actually being implemented.

Try to check your game against the changelist. For example:
quote:

Changelist for v1.10
-Added option to hide some map aesthetical gfx details to speed up map scroll speed by about 33% extra

...try to find that^ option. If it's there, all the other stuff probably is too.

Th30n -> RE: Open Beta GOG - No valid serial found (12/17/2021 7:03:24 AM)

For what it's worth, I've managed to circumvent the serial check rather trivially in my GOG installation, so it seems I now have the full patch applied without problems. I'd rather not explain the steps here, as I feel the same steps might actually be used to circumvent illegally obtained Matrix version.

Don_Kiyote -> RE: Open Beta GOG - No valid serial found (12/18/2021 9:34:45 AM)

quote:

I now have the full patch applied without problems.

That would be nice. Its not like this problem is going away. GOG will update to 'Main' versions, hopefully, or so they've told me. But frankly that is a second-rate solution. We are told to expect more, future updates, for years possibly.

The GOG launcher has a function for "Beta Channels". I personally would rather not use a launcher for my launcher, but if it meant being able to update at will, then I concede. GOG as a company perhaps doesn't have the manpower.

Another possibility is Vortex, the Nexus Mods tool.

Anyways, PM if you'd like to share, thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI