RE: Why there are no more players? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific

Nikel -> RE: Why there are no more players? (12/19/2021 3:50:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Remington700

Nikel you are killing me. First CW2 and now this. The screenshot of Wars of Napoleon brings back such good memories and disappoint. Thank you for posting it! And I agree with both of you about leadership.

LOL [:D]

Nice screenshot, is it not?

WoN disappointed indeed, buggy and unfinished, that is the story of Ageod, too small company and then never finishing a game because they had to create the next one... And very slow engine for their awesome games.

Meteor2 -> RE: Why there are no more players? (12/20/2021 7:14:02 AM)

Unfortunately very true. AGEOD is to well known for their buggy games that will never get patched correctly.
Strange concept for a game company.
Alvaro, I think, is very reliable in this regards and I am very sure, that WPP ends up very solid.
And if there is an global game in the future, I have enough trust to buy it day one.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Why there are no more players? (12/20/2021 6:13:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Thorgrimm

I just purchased WP & WPP last Monday, and I must say that I am having a blast. However, to answer your question I as an example, personally ever if at all, post on forums. I lurk far more than I will ever post.

Moreover, I believe that most of the posts on a forum are by a minority if all players. I suspect that if you took a count that you would find that the vast majority of the posts are by a small percentage of the game's actual number of players.

As an aside, I am like Remington700 and prefer hot-seat by myself. [:D]

As a question for Alvaro, What is the reasoning behind the consumption of LCs in an invasion? At the end of the war the USN had over 6000 ships, and 85% of those were Landing Craft. Without an actual air strike or naval damage, it it hard to justify taking out an LST or APA. [:)]

Cheers, Thor

It is a function of abstraction and simplicity. It is the cost of planning and preparing for an invasion. The A.I. can't handle managing a ton of transports and merchant marine. Notice there is no World in Flames A.I. that I know of. That task is too difficult. Also makes it easy on the human player to manage these things. It requires strategic planning but not micromanagement.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Why there are no more players? (12/20/2021 6:16:57 PM)

WPE and WPP have land leaders. If I add naval leaders Axis players will be frustrated as Japanese naval commanders tended to be timid for battle. Now you will have a Japanese player constantly moving their one aggressive leader, Tanaka, around for every battle. Also the constant change in fleets and fleet configurations will make it a pain in the ass to constantly move a leader around.

For land it is easy. They are attached to HQs.

Thorgrimm -> RE: Why there are no more players? (12/20/2021 8:30:43 PM)

Alvaro, thank you for the answer. I suspected that was the case, but just wanted to be sure. [:)]

Cheers, Thorgrimm

nats -> RE: Why there are no more players? (1/9/2022 8:14:26 PM)

I am certainly waiting for this game to get to Steam. I don't really like buying stuff on the Slitherine/Matrix sites because of the lack of refund option. I need to play this for a few hours before I decide whether to keep it or not. I just bought one old game that I used to have, luckily only for £7, and decided after playing it for a few minutes that it wasn't for me - but now stuck with it. That's not happening again.

ThunderLizard11 -> RE: Why there are no more players? (1/9/2022 9:02:48 PM)

Great thread - have been looking at WPP for a while and plan to jump-in soon (too busy with Strategic Command WW2: World at War at the moment).

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Why there are no more players? (1/11/2022 3:10:29 PM)

WPE has only had a 10% return rate on Steam which is the normal. Means the game is good.

@nats - Take your time. I returned a few games I didn't like. Mostly because the UI was a nightmare to handle. Right now we have it scheduled for March.

Nikel -> RE: Why there are no more players? (1/16/2022 5:08:25 PM)

After all it seems I was wrong [:'(]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSZlZQRt1S0

ncc1701e -> RE: Why there are no more players? (1/16/2022 5:55:15 PM)

Well deserved!

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI