Soviet (non)motorization OOB issues (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Tech Support

MSAG -> Soviet (non)motorization OOB issues (12/28/2021 5:31:38 AM)

In my game server against AlbertN I noticed some consistent OOB probable bugs. By consistent I mean - I saw them before in other games. As our server game is started some time ago it may have been addressed since but report it anyway.

Issue #1
Soviet Mot Brigade 42. Newly created T74 (November 1942). Is both NON-MOTORIZED as well as cannot be converted to SU.

[image]local://upfiles/82027/42796DF41D7847C7A8C76E8C16C06516.png[/image]

MSAG -> RE: Soviet (non)motorization OOB issues (12/28/2021 5:38:09 AM)

Issue #2
Same game as the post above. Until now (T74) Soviets still have in their OOB a few Motorized Rifle Divisions (Mechanized and Tank Divisions disappeared already). Very useful units. One of them converted to Guard Rifle Division. And kept the MOTORIZED status. I am not sure if it was intended.

[image]local://upfiles/82027/1BC9346F592F4158B99BA3A9FEB28208.png[/image]

Iam5not8 -> RE: Soviet (non)motorization OOB issues (12/28/2021 8:24:04 AM)

In the editor, the 42 SOV mot brigade is with Motorizatrion flag set to none instead of all

[image]local://upfiles/72238/7A68259705C248328C4D5339812C9D8E.jpg[/image]

Great_Ajax -> RE: Soviet (non)motorization OOB issues (12/28/2021 11:03:30 AM)

I fixed issue 1 yesterday. Not sure yet what is going on with issue 2.

Joel Billings -> RE: Soviet (non)motorization OOB issues (12/28/2021 5:15:49 PM)

My guess is that one of the Soviet motorized rifle divisions that doesn't automatically rename to a rifle division and downgrade to be non-motorized is getting converted to be a guards unit. When it does, it is not automatically changing it's unit flag to non-motorized. So although the OB says non-motorized, the specific unit still stays motorized. So a change in the code in the conversion to guards section would have to be adjusted to deal with this. There are only a few of these divisions in the game outside of the Far East TB so it's a rare event. The only way to know for sure would be to get the saves before and after the unit converted to guards so we could see what happened. Does anyone have saves that could attach or email to 2by3@2by3games.com?

RedJohn -> RE: Soviet (non)motorization OOB issues (12/28/2021 10:12:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

My guess is that one of the Soviet motorized rifle divisions that doesn't automatically rename to a rifle division and downgrade to be non-motorized is getting converted to be a guards unit. When it does, it is not automatically changing it's unit flag to non-motorized. So although the OB says non-motorized, the specific unit still stays motorized. So a change in the code in the conversion to guards section would have to be adjusted to deal with this. There are only a few of these divisions in the game outside of the Far East TB so it's a rare event. The only way to know for sure would be to get the saves before and after the unit converted to guards so we could see what happened. Does anyone have saves that could attach or email to 2by3@2by3games.com?

Hi Joel, I've emailed 2 saves that should highlight the issue. I noticed it in one of my games too.

Apologies if saves have already been emailed to you!

Great_Ajax -> RE: Soviet (non)motorization OOB issues (12/29/2021 2:13:50 AM)

Also, there were one or two Guards Motorized Rifle Divisions anyway.

quote:

Denniss -> RE: Soviet (non)motorization OOB issues (12/29/2021 9:33:11 AM)

as long as a possible corps buildup does not result in a motorized corps .... That would be a tad too much

Beethoven1 -> RE: Soviet (non)motorization OOB issues (12/29/2021 12:08:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RedJohn

quote:

Does anyone have saves that could attach or email to 2by3@2by3games.com?

Hi Joel, I've emailed 2 saves that should highlight the issue. I noticed it in one of my games too.

Apologies if saves have already been emailed to you!

If any additional saves are needed, the StB saves that I already posted in this thread have the same problem of not being able to convert to support units (not sure about having the non-motorized issue, but they can't convert to support).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI