Turn 1 invasions discrepancy - Japan AI vs Human (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Warplan Pacific

mikeinsa77 -> Turn 1 invasions discrepancy - Japan AI vs Human (1/9/2022 4:36:09 PM)

I'm taking my first look at playing Japan, and the AI appears capable of doing things I cannot.
For example: Rabaul.
I look at a saved game I have as the Allies after the Japanese strikes on 12/07. Rabaul is occupied by 1st SNLF. The combat logs show Invasion at 94,36, and Land Combat at 95,35.

When I attempt this as Japan, I move 1st SNLF to 94,36, invade, then attack Rabaul. I'm left with 1 movement point and cannot advance into Rabaul.

Any ideas?

Remington700 -> RE: Turn 1 invasions discrepancy - Japan AI vs Human (1/9/2022 5:56:04 PM)

I play hotseat so I did not know about the first turn AI advantage. But I can say being unable to capture Rabaul with your invading unit is normal.

If it is important for me to capture Rabaul on the first turn I bring in a second unit to invade the vacated hex. However there is a trade off as there are only a few units that can reach the area.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Turn 1 invasions discrepancy - Japan AI vs Human (1/11/2022 3:14:53 PM)

Hmm. Must be something in the movement formula. You are supposed to be allowed to move in.

I will add a road to Rabaul which allows it to happen.

BJGeary -> RE: Turn 1 invasions discrepancy - Japan AI vs Human (1/11/2022 3:56:58 PM)

It's not just Rabaul. I don't recall now where it happened (since it was several days ago IRL, while you were debugging the supply problem), but I ran into this also on one of the tiny islands on turn 1. I wasn't able to advance from the beach on to the island itself.

mikeinsa77 -> RE: Turn 1 invasions discrepancy - Japan AI vs Human (1/11/2022 4:39:00 PM)

Wake Island was another one I tried. Haven't tried other yet.

BJGeary -> RE: Turn 1 invasions discrepancy - Japan AI vs Human (1/11/2022 5:34:51 PM)

Wake was the other island, aside from the port of Rabaul, that I wasn't able to occupy on turn 1. Thanks for reminding me of which one it was.

So just adding a road link to Rabaul won't fix the underlying problem with occupy-after-invasion.

AlvaroSousa -> RE: Turn 1 invasions discrepancy - Japan AI vs Human (1/12/2022 11:32:02 AM)

Well it is on my list to look at.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI