new player help (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive

pmarvin -> new player help (1/16/2022 4:07:02 PM)

Just got the game, read the manual...most intimidating even for a long-time wargamer like me (though I hasten to thank the devs for MAKING one, which is too often deferred to Youtube).
Is there anywhere a "guide" for new players? A summary of tips, best initial approaches, etc., to ease one into the game?
Thank you.

P Marvin

SwampYankee68 -> RE: new player help (1/16/2022 4:59:12 PM)

Can't answer that exactly but I have found reading some of the manual, then playing a small scenario against the AI for a bit, till you get comfortable with it, then re-reading the manual, I find this helps understanding the concepts in the manual. Then replay and once you feel you have a good understanding of the basics, read up on the more advanced concepts, and try out a larger scenario.

Jagger2002 -> RE: new player help (1/16/2022 5:53:34 PM)

Reading through this forum will give a ton of helpful information. Lots of discussions on areas of importance. There is a lot of depth to this game and takes a little time to grasp the concepts but once you do, it is very easy and rewarding to play.

Misty99 -> RE: new player help (1/16/2022 7:51:15 PM)

First I read the manual. Then I am looking for videos on Youtube. Today I watched two good ones from Strategy Gaming Dojo. There are many more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1o9sZlVJsQ

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI