A question about 'recon'? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Ardennes Offensive

Marc1314 -> A question about 'recon'? (1/19/2022 9:42:20 PM)

Hi, I like the probe feature that we can use when we know there is already a unit in the hex but is there any way we can probe a hex before we move our unit into an empty looking hex?

Jagger2002 -> RE: A question about 'recon'? (1/19/2022 11:48:37 PM)

Not that I know of. If we could do that then there would never be ambushes. And nothing makes the AI happier than an ambush. Take away that little bit of AI happiness and you would be dealing with a very surly AI all game long. Not good.

Marc1314 -> RE: A question about 'recon'? (1/22/2022 1:03:46 AM)

Yeah I think your right, I guess that getting recon quickly without exposing our troops is wishful thinking. It's just that the tension I feel with this game is unreal and i really don't want to get my men killed by sending them into a position that I know must have enemy troops hiding in it but we have to push on somehow!
Hehe I love this game!

Jagger2002 -> RE: A question about 'recon'? (1/22/2022 1:23:48 AM)

Yes, it is a fantastic game. Need to get the word out.

JacquesDeLalaing -> RE: A question about 'recon'? (1/27/2022 12:20:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc1314

Hi, I like the probe feature that we can use when we know there is already a unit in the hex but is there any way we can probe a hex before we move our unit into an empty looking hex?

1. Bring more troops closer, particularly recon troops. The more troops and the closer, the more recon points you get on the hex. If your recon points exceed the hide value of the enemy's hex, you will see a ?-marker and can then probe-attack into the hex.

2. Use your officers' recon cards, if any.

JoeyBlau -> RE: A question about 'recon'? (1/27/2022 5:24:44 PM)

Yeah I just posted a new thread on this.. Maybe I should delete it. I think not having a "recon patrol" option is unrealistic.

Vic -> RE: A question about 'recon'? (1/28/2022 10:38:04 AM)

I am chewing through some interesting ideas for reconnaissance; thanks for the comments.

best wishes,
Vic

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI